Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 3-4th Coastal Crusher OBS

buckeyefan1

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, jburns said:

Hmm. If I get on my roof I can see Sophia.  Not a single flake here. No roads covered, no driveways covered. So, not all of Randolph County got any performance at all.

Take a ride down 311 see for yourself. Randleman walmart is open.

ARCHDALE  is what less than 5 miles from county line.

6 minutes ago, SENC said:

You might have the ocean influence affecting you, your with-in a couple miles of the beach..

I'm about ten miles from the beach, yet on the river... give it time.. You'll switch over soon I hope.. It's **rippin** where I'm at.. 

As soon as the Precip got heavy enough, Dynamics took over, cooled the column and went from light rain/ quick sleet & now snow...

sn.jpg

You're probably right.  The influence from the ocean is amazing...my buddy up River Road in Silver Lake says it's all snow up there.  He's probably 5 miles from beach.  Me, further down the "peninsula" and about 2 miles from the ocean is getting a mixed bag with a 1/10th of sleet on the ground.  I also have a co-worker in Woods Edge neighborhood of Monkey Junction and less than two miles from ocean is getting mix also.  

Smallish flakes here, but lots of them. Roads and cars are white. It's accumulating in the grass too, but the small flake size means they are hidden for now. NWS has forecast now 2-3" here. We'll see if that materializes. Radar trends suggest no more than 2 hours left with this band, though it is slowing down. HRRR says 3-4", but I expect that's too high.

2 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

Take a ride down 311 see for yourself. Randleman walmart is open.

ARCHDALE  is what less than 5 miles from county line.

I believe you. I was just pointing out that not all of Randolph County overachieved. Archdale shares a border with High Point. The Guilford/Randolph county line runs through my yard.

7 minutes ago, OpAck said:

You're probably right.  The influence from the ocean is amazing...my buddy up River Road in Silver Lake says it's all snow up there.  He's probably 5 miles from beach.  Me, further down the "peninsula" and about 2 miles from the ocean is getting a mixed bag with a 1/10th of sleet on the ground.  I also have a co-worker in Woods Edge neighborhood of Monkey Junction and less than two miles from ocean is getting mix also.  

Wow! I'm north of Monkey Junction Area by Wade Park.  ALL sleet. 

IMG_4210.PNG

Coming up on 2 inches here just SW of Chapel Hill.

Saw some flurries starting up when I got home around 6:00, rates ticked upwards from then on, and it's still coming down at a pretty good clip.

Considering this morning I was hoping we'd luck out with a dusting here, I'd say we've overperformed thus far lol.

1 hour ago, nam0806 said:

Just got a report out of Downtown Greensboro that roads are covered.

Here in Northwest Greensboro, 10 miles north, absolutely nothing. Incredible gradient.

I just looked at street cams and that is indeed the case.  Surprising.  Looks dry in my old stomping grounds north of Jamestown, though.

Archived