Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 3-4th Coastal Crusher OBS

buckeyefan1

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very, very sharp cutoff with the totals. No snow just NW of Orangeburg at 139 MM, but at least 1” on ground at 149 MM on 26. Pretty much anywhere east of 95 in SC is a skating rink filled with snow and ice. Back roads are especially bad. My neighborhood is still covered with ice. 

34 minutes ago, Jet Stream Rider said:

Taken and cropped from Goes16 image just now. The elongated snow hole is obvious stretching from Myrtle Beach to Kerr lake through central NC. I think there is some snow in there, but too light an accumulation to register with this image.

Screenshot from 2018-01-04 11-24-43.jpg

I am in that strip in up in northern Cumberland County.  We did get about 1-1/2" but it was snowing all around us way before it started here.  4 to 5" just to my west, 2 to 3" just to my east.

South of me I don't think had very much at all the way down to Myrtle Beach.

15 hours ago, atomic_rooster said:

This was taken earlier... am I under investigation

20180103_222147.jpg

Nope.  Just wondering where and how you measured. On grass? Pavement? Snowboard? there are right and wrong ways of doing things. On a weather board, we should try for accuracy.

It looks like the snow pack still on the ground in the western Sandhills of NC could allow them to dip below zero tonight.  Sanford and Carthage both now have lows below zero forecasted for tonight.  It's a rare event to get lows like that around here!  NWS has lowered tonights mins for most areas to single digits.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2018 at 11:23 AM, sctvman said:

Very, very sharp cutoff with the totals. No snow just NW of Orangeburg at 139 MM, but at least 1” on ground at 149 MM on 26. Pretty much anywhere east of 95 in SC is a skating rink filled with snow and ice. Back roads are especially bad. My neighborhood is still covered with ice. 

I live 6 Miles SSE of Orangeburg and I got 5” IMBY

Archived