Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 3-4th Coastal Crusher OBS

buckeyefan1

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only got about a inch here in far Western Cary about a mile from the Chatham County line. Don't think I am going to be getting very much additional just by looking at the radar looks like the back edge is approaching fast.  More would have been nice but at the same time just glad I didn't get shut out. :)

4 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

Jacksonville has to be getting crushed right now, you can see the gravity waves on the MHX site along the crystal coast.  700mb fronto map posted in the MA sub looks good for the coastal plain

Flakes getting bigger, wind ripping 20-30 mph...probably a solid 3.5-4" down if I can keep this up 3-4 more hrs I might just get 8-10" 

Jville Snow

11 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

Jacksonville has to be getting crushed right now, you can see the gravity waves on the MHX site along the crystal coast.  700mb fronto map posted in the MA sub looks good for the coastal plain

Here is what Jacksonville looks like right now.

edit: I need to learn how to embed the videos on here haha.

1 minute ago, WeatherNC said:

I am also around 3” between Greenville and FarmVille, been under ~30dbz returns for the past hour.  Estimate 1”hr rates, minor drifting.

If we had quarter sized flakes it would have been epic out there. Really could have piled it up quick . Thinking 4 to 6 is solid maybe squeak out 6 to 8 If ratios kee helping us out.

I heard and saw reports from this afternoon / early evening with that central NC band and the size of the dendrites were a lot bigger than what we are currently seeing. Unless this goes to crap quick some impressive totals are going to come out along the central and northern inner banks. 

6 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

I heard and saw reports from this afternoon / early evening with that central NC band and the size of the dendrites were a lot bigger than what we are currently seeing. Unless this goes to crap quick some impressive totals are going to come out along the central and northern inner banks. 

I am surprised at the speed it's piling up out there even with the small flakes. Bet we see someone with a foot down that way. 

In case y'all want to see some pics from Va Beach town center and you don't follow the Hampton Roads thread in MA forum...

They're kind of bad quality, but it's the effort that counts...first photo is from 10:30pm, the other one is from about half an hour ago. At this point there is probably around 4" on the ground. Went for a drive and I found that there is a sharp decline in snow amounts as you go east. According to friends, Norfolk already has 6"+. Roads are in pretty bad shape and some tools are still doing the speed limit lol.

132b0f96-9137-4169-b9e6-371ef43e0dea.thumb.jpg.0ac03ee4b5b275596a6b91d4374184d9.jpg

19e876ea-acf8-48d4-bdab-7d5cb0e01d15.thumb.jpg.d057079339213a32d486b9da3a254f78.jpg

Archived