SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 3-4th Coastal Crusher OBS

buckeyefan1

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Sea Breeze/Kure/Carolina Bch are going to changeover to all snow.  Still getting moderate sleet mixed with very light snow.  There's at least a half inch of this frozen slop on the ground.  Sucks.  Gimme at least an hour of all snow just to make it look pretty for my kids in the morning, and I may be ok until they ask to go out in it, slip, fall, and bang their head.  :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, OpAck said:

I don't think Sea Breeze/Kure/Carolina Bch are going to changeover to all snow.  Still getting moderate sleet mixed with very light snow.  There's at least a half inch of this frozen slop on the ground.  Sucks.  Gimme at least an hour of all snow just to make it look pretty for my kids in the morning, and I may be ok until they ask to go out in it, slip, fall, and bang their head.  :rolleyes:

Your sleet might be columned snow. Look closely.

Snowing mod. In Portsmouth, Va ( City Park). Been snowing pretty good for about an hour. Maybe 3/4 in. I've seen alot of storms in this area including both the 2010 boxing day and 2017 blizzard. This one might be the ONE this is just a perfect setup for us in Hampton Roads. It's not often we have a full duration all snow, last I remember was 2010 boxing day that was 14+. WOOF 

6 minutes ago, StantonParkHoya said:

Your sleet might be columned snow. Look closely.

I dunno, I'm going more on sound.  The sound of it hitting the front of the house is more of a pinging sound.  It's also been going on pretty heavy since 7PM, and it's not accumulating much.  Barely covering the grass.

Took a walk with the fiance around our neighborhood a little bit ago. Nice moderate snow, covering everything, blowing around... Had about a 1/2 inch then. Looks like a nice band about to come through. Thinking 3 or 4 is not out of the question tonight if we luck out. Taking that walk w/ the fiance in a snowy night is what makes all this nerdy weather stuff worth it.

3 minutes ago, griteater said:

If you hear it like that, it's sleet 

Yup...however, within the last 5 minutes, my wife noticed that sound mysteriously stopped.  I was like, "Ugh, I guess it's over with".  Nope......pure 100% octane moderate white snow.  :wub:  And it's covering pretty quickly.  1-2 hours of this, and I (and kids) will be happy.  

7 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

Took a walk with the fiance around our neighborhood a little bit ago. Nice moderate snow, covering everything, blowing around... Had about a 1/2 inch then. Looks like a nice band about to come through. Thinking 3 or 4 is not out of the question tonight if we luck out. Taking that walk w/ the fiance in a snowy night is what makes all this nerdy weather stuff worth it.

Can you see this back edge building more for Wake county and not moving out as quickly?

9 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

Can you see this back edge building more for Wake county and not moving out as quickly?

Eh it's going to come through eventually. This is not a slow moving upper low. I think it will be out of the triangle by 1 am or so. That's more than enough time to grabe a few inches though w/ these rates. This final band is intense. 

Archived