Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 3-4th Coastal Crusher OBS

buckeyefan1

6 minutes ago, Stormsfury said:

The last of my video blocks for the epic snowstorm around the Charleston SC region.  

7" tally here.  KCHS officially 5.3" (daily record smashed...previous was a trace in 2002).  I believe January all time 24 hour record, and broke the previous monthly total of 1.9" record along with being the 3rd greatest daily snowfall record of all time, only behind Dec 23th, 1989 (6.0") and Feb 10th, 1973 (5.4").

Long time no talk. Glad to hear you hit the jackpot!

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SENC said:

Question...

Would this be the "deformation band" incoming??? (in yellow)..

Capture.PNG

Anyone know if this is the end of the snow for us in the SW area of Wilmington? I have about 3 or 4 inches now and still snowing hard. Dug out at least a 2 inch hole 30 or 40 minutes ago and it filled back in that quick. I wave the white flag for being wrong lol. It took awhile to change, but it is coming down right now.

This night with the snow not moving at all is one of the rarest sights we’ve had in a long time this far south. In 2010, we had the snow at night, but it took probably 6 hours to get to 2.5”, and even some of that melted after the snow ended. The morning after the storm, the temperature warmed to about 40, and the snow was gone due to the high sun angle. All of it was gone by 3 or 4pm the next day. 

This snow is going to take a while to melt. It is only going to hit the upper 30s or around 40 tomorrow, then whatever doesn’t melt tomorrow is going to be there a while. Tomorrow night is going to be 16 degrees, with LOWER teens inland. Those are temperatures we haven’t seen since the 1990s. Friday and Saturday are only going to be in the 30s. 

There is going to be full sun all of these days, but the freezing rain and sleet accumulation we got is going to be hard to melt. 

Archived