Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 3-4th Coastal Crusher OBS

buckeyefan1

6 minutes ago, fig said:

You have got to be the most negative person I've ever seen on these message boards...

Living in Fayetteville and then moving to Wilmington will do that when it comes winter time lol. Negative nancy when it comes to winter here. Just cold hard facts here. Something something........(insert something negative again).

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TARHEELPROGRAMMER88 said:

Living in Fayetteville and then moving to Wilmington will do that when it comes winter time lol. Negative nancy when it comes to winter here. Just cold hard facts here. Something something........(insert something negative again).

Moving to the southern most beach town in NC and expecting good results during snowstorms seems paradoxical. 

3 minutes ago, TARHEELPROGRAMMER88 said:

Expect climo and you will never be disappointed.  Otherwise, keep the whining about it in the banter thread cuz I can assure you no one here will feel sorry for you.  We've all been burned.

9 minutes ago, StantonParkHoya said:

Moving to the southern most beach town in NC and expecting good results during snowstorms seems paradoxical. 

I knew what to expect, now come on man. I just didn't expect to see half an inch in 4 years of living here. Knowing what is going to happen doesn't change how frustrating it is. If that was the case the world would be a much calmer place. :+)

Just now, TARHEELPROGRAMMER88 said:

I knew what to expect, now come on man. I just didn't expect to see half an inch in 4 years of living here. Knowing what is going to happen doesn't change how frustrating it is. If that was the case the world would be a much calmer place. :+)

Just wait, they will come. The December 1989's and 1973's make up for it. I lived it.

1 minute ago, TARHEELPROGRAMMER88 said:

As I pull you back from a Cliff dive... Calm down dude, yes,,  even "I" know it's hard, give it couple  hours, It IS snowing just 50 miles South of us.. (Muh Dads house).. We got a chance...

Que ABBA song.. 

756435.jpg

5 minutes ago, TARHEELPROGRAMMER88 said:

Well the warm nose you've been complaining about for 2 days now is eroding faster than guidance suggested.. at least according to the latest ILM AFD.  You should give it a read :)

@TARHEELPROGRAMMER88, It ain't over yet dude.. READ Our LOCAL NWS!

From our LOCAL AFD..

Synopsis...
a rapidly deepening low offshore will drive moisture over the
Arctic airmass in place and bring most places accumulating snow
through tonight. The frigid airmass stays in place through the
week until a gradual warmup gets underway beginning Saturday. A
cold front will bring rain on Monday.

Near term /through Thursday/...
as of 300 PM Wednesday...the big winter storm of 2018 is here!Freezing rain all morning in the Georgetown and Murrells Inlet area is spreading northward along the coast, while colder air punching in 2000-5000 feet aloft is changing precipitation over to snow across much of coastal South Carolina. Very dry low-level air has impeded
the northward progression of precipitation thus far, however increasing precipitation rates should overwhelm the air's ability to evaporate it within the next hour or two with accumulating/
measurable precip streaking northward before sunset.

A substantial warm nose visible at 850-900 mb on the 12z chs sounding this morning was responsible for the freezing rain and sleet. This warm nose is now eroding more quickly than virtually any guidance indicated was possible, leading to a changeover to snow in Georgetown, Conway, and Murrells Inlet this afternoon.The changeover should progress gradually eastward through Myrtle Beach shortly, reaching the Cape Fear area between 6-9 PM.

A region of heavy snow on radar composites in the Charleston area is producing exceptional snowfall rates, and looks to move northward across Georgetown and into Horry counties early this evening. Snowfall rates of 2+ inches per hour could occur. This band may become a little less well-defined as it moves into southeast North Carolina later this evening, but will still produce some moderate to heavy snowfall as a region of impressive lift develops on the 305k Theta surface which is way up between 575-500 millibars where temperatures are near -20c. Storm total snowfall amounts around 4 inches are expected for the grand strand and into southeast North Carolina, with lesser amounts along the I-95 corridor where dry air will cut these totals by more than half.

The Winter Storm Warning will remain in effect along and east
of I-95, with a Winter Weather Advisory for Marlboro and Darlington
counties where around an inch of snow should fall this evening.

Behind the well-defined upper level disturbance, rapid drying should
build in from the west. Arctic air will build back into the area
with overnight lows ranging from around 20 inland to the lower 20s
on the coast. Even with full sunshine highs Thursday should only
reach 36-39.

Archived