Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 3-4th Coastal Crusher OBS

buckeyefan1

5 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

It's just unfolding. There's still a few hours to go. Deep breaths. If you'd checked the soundings, you would see that KEQY is right on target for what the NAM predicted and the snow doesnt fall there for another few hours.

:sizzle:

Brad P just said we were running out of time as well.  What does he know

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Dunkman said:

Wow almost -50 DP on the GSO sounding could be slightly problematic :lol:

Ya think?  Just for kicks, would there even be an analog for a system overcoming this much entrenched dry air given the light qpf over the piedmont?  I cant see how that would happen.  It would have to moisten the layers for hours on end and by then the storm would be exiting.

I'm amazed anything made it down in Concord.

7 minutes ago, sctvman said:

Going on 1”+/hr rates now. Ground completely covered. Probably closer to 1.5” now. And still pouring. Power out since just after 12pm.

Ouch  :(   I hope they get that back on soon!   

I still can't believe I'm watching snow gather in the palm trees and live oaks  :lol: 

Just now, kvegas-wx said:

Ya think?  Just for kicks, would there even be an analog for a system overcoming this much entrenched dry air given the light qpf over the piedmont?  I cant see how that would happen.  It would have to moisten the layers for hours on end and by then the storm would be exiting.

I'm amazed anything made it down in Concord.

yeah, its definitely not happening this far west.  Raleigh area has a chance, but itll be later on.  Air is just wayyyyyyyyyy to dry over here.  And the moisture just isn't heavy enough

2 minutes ago, JoshWeather said:

yeah, its definitely not happening this far west.  Raleigh area has a chance, but itll be later on.  Air is just wayyyyyyyyyy to dry over here.  And the moisture just isn't heavy enough

I'm sorry, but your banter in the obs thread is extremely annoying. I can't even read what's going on elsewhere. Sometimes we win some, sometimes we loose some. 

2 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

Snowing now in Fort Mill

My point/click says it's snowing at my house near Park Road Shopping Center - nothing out the office window off Billy Graham. Any chance these returns continue to pivot W/N rather than slide off to the E? Looks like it's starting to move E.

Archived