Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 3-4th Coastal Crusher OBS

buckeyefan1

4 minutes ago, Amos83 said:

Wife at home just checked and said nothing falling yet

7 minutes ago, Poimen said:

Radar Scope app says snow reported in Concord. Any verification of that in here?

I see that Mping report....someone had to put that in there.  Wouldn't that verify it?  And I am not being a smart a$$....

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Poimen said:

My daughter at UNCC says nada currently. 

Yea I am about 25 miles south of UNCC/Concord and would assume we would see something first with the way the precip has moved in.  I was just out for about 15 min and I did not see anything.  I will be headed back out shortly and will update if anything falls from the sky.

NWS RaleighVerified account @NWSRaleigh 13m13 minutes ago

Our observers out at GSO released a special 18z sounding today to assist in the forecasting process. It illustrates nicely why the snow that is showing up on our radar isn't quite making it to the surface. A rather thick layer of dry air remains at the mid to low levels! #NCwxDSo0czVX4AAaJ_Z.jpg

12 minutes ago, JoshWeather said:

lol, i've got about an hour or so left of precipitation even being above my house and the dew point is at 0.  Ain't happenin

It's just unfolding. There's still a few hours to go. Deep breaths. If you'd checked the soundings, you would see that KEQY is right on target for what the NAM predicted and the snow doesnt fall there for another few hours.

Archived