Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 3-4th Coastal Crusher OBS

buckeyefan1

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, gtg947h said:

A few miles SW of KSAV (Pooler), changed over to sleet about 1030 and now we're getting big wet flakes.  It's already starting to accumulate a bit.  Appears to be sticking to the roads at least in our neighborhood, too.

A few of my classmates in Pooler are live on Facebook.  It's coming down at a good clip

1 minute ago, griteater said:

Light snow reported at Savannah airport

Moderate freezing rain at Beaufort Marine Corps Air Station and Hilton Head airport

Really starting to worry about areas closest to the shore around Charleston like Mount Pleasant and the beaches. It's hammering ZR and it doesnt look to change soon.

2 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

Really starting to worry about areas closest to the shore around Charleston like Mount Pleasant and the beaches. It's hammering ZR and it doesnt look to change soon.

Summerville and Goose Creek have changed to snow. Probably going to be at least 1/4” of ice in most of this area. At least double what was forecast.

4 minutes ago, griteater said:

Light snow reported at Savannah airport

Moderate freezing rain at Beaufort Marine Corps Air Station and Hilton Head airport

I've got approx .27 zr/ip slop and the trees are starting to bend

3 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

The change over isn't far from me(2ish miles) and it it still progressing towards the coast. I hope it happens soon  :lol: 

1 minute ago, metalicwx366 said:

Nice coating of snow on everything in Waycross. Lots of people's first time seeing snow. Too bad it's about to end soon. Took a while to transition over. Should end up with about 0.50 of snow at most. Definitely not the 3 inches.

It looks beautiful there from the pictures I've been sent  :D 

1 minute ago, buckeyefan1 said:

I've got approx .27 zr/ip slop and the trees are starting to bend

The change over isn't far from me(2ish miles) and it it still progressing towards the coast. I hope it happens soon  :lol: 

It looks beautiful there from the pictures I've been sent  :D 

that's the weather gods toying with you. But glad you are cashing in. At least you didn't have to travel to see yours, unlike me. Would be nice to see something without having to drive 70 miles.

42 minutes ago, Lookout said:

that's the weather gods toying with you. But glad you are cashing in. At least you didn't have to travel to see yours, unlike me. Would be nice to see something without having to drive 70 miles.

It changed to snow a couple minutes after my post and the yard is almost covered :D  Big fat flakes too  :wub:   I can now check this off my bucket list ^_^

Archived