Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 3-4th Coastal Crusher OBS

buckeyefan1

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DopplerWx said:

brutal warm nose down near chs, better hope a changeover to snow happens soon or the icing will be awful.

Supposed to be thin though, at least that is what I was told. However, I do not believe that at all. Warm nose will keep the entire coastline nice and icy. It always does, no matter the set up.

1 hour ago, jharv said:

I'll keep you guys posted on how it looks in the Augusta, GA area.  We are just outside of the western edge of the warning/advisory zone currently so if we end up with anything it could be a good indication of over performance for midlands areas.  First radar returns are headed this way.

1-3-18.PNG

The returns have been vaporizing as they approach the Augusta area.  Nothing to report thus far.  Webcam from Statesboro, GA shows roads getting covered:

http://www.wtoc.com/story/24057879/georgia-southern-university-cam

15 minutes ago, sctvman said:

Conditions are rapidly deteriorating in the Charleston area. James Island bridges are closed. Folly and Harborview, because of the ice and sleet. News anchors are pleading people not to go outside. 

Dad is reporting sleet mixing in big time now.

5 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

A bad ice storm for Charleston if the layers do not cool. 

Never doubt the warm nose at the coast. I expect the same along the entire SE coastline. Except maybe SE VA. Congrats to them.

Charleston snow totals going down each model run. Welcome to life in ILM and surrounding areas CHS lol. Icy and the snow is always far away. Set up doesn't matter in our area, and apparently in yours too. You should still get more snow than us I would assume.

Archived