Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 4th 2018 Fish Bomb

Rjay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Paragon said:

Moon bow?!  Where?  Those are extraordinarily rare....

Here in Ossining.  What I am describing is a ring around the moon of white light.  There are not colors but a white ring that happens before a storm when there are a lot of water particles in the atmosphere-- like this attachment but without the colors.  .  

moonBow2.jpg

7 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

We're in good shape. I think the main enemy right now is occlusion. Still to be determined but models seem to be giving it less credence. 

Yeah Will in the NE forum mentioned that that is probably why the models aren't overly juicy. It blows its load during max intensification down south and we get the remains.

8 minutes ago, viking70 said:

Here in Ossining.  What I am describing is a ring around the moon of white light.  There are not colors but a white ring that happens before a storm when there are a lot of water particles in the atmosphere-- like this attachment but without the colors.  .  

moonBow2.jpg

thats a great pic. 

9 minutes ago, viking70 said:

moonBow2.jpg

Wow you took that image? I see colors :-) The reason I asked is because others have told me they have seen colors in moonbows but I've never seen one.

8 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Yeah Will in the NE forum mentioned that that is probably why the models aren't overly juicy. It blows its load during max intensification down south and we get the remains.

That's climatology for Miller A's though.

Usually they do their best up to the Jersey Shore (Monmouth lol) and out east along Long Island and maybe E NE though the Cape usually rains in them.

5 minutes ago, Paragon said:

Wow you took that image? I see colors :-) The reason I asked is because others have told me they have seen colors in moonbows but I've never seen one.

No I did not take this picture but what I saw tonight was similar-- a full ring of white around the moon but without colors.  I understand that colors may be rare but a white ring around a fullish moon is quite common before a storm from my experience. I have seen colors however, but not tonight.  It is a beautiful sight especially because you know that snow is coming after it.  

1 minute ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

There’s officially an eye...wow...just off coast too

Funny if someone in our subforum makes it into the northern eyewall and records a storm surge lol.

There was a storm surge in Feb 1978 in the Rockaways from what I read.

Archived