Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4th 2018 Fish Bomb

Rjay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Like I was saying.... u better get heavy echoes in or that western shields dying off 

341E5B4C-6930-4BD7-917A-CBC5501CF457.jpeg

That image is actually pretty telling. It shows the low-level jet nicely and is probably a good indicator of why the storm heads almost due East from Deleware.

2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

NYC’s daily snow record tomorrow is only 4.0 from 1988 so that has a good shot st being broken.  The first few days of January for whatever by chance reason don’t have high daily snow record 

Probably since climatologically most of our snow comes in later Jan and Feb. 

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

NYC’s daily snow record tomorrow is only 4.0 from 1988 so that has a good shot st being broken.  The first few days of January for whatever by chance reason don’t have high daily snow record 

Most of our big storms have come late Jan to mid Feb. A few in Dec, and very few in March. I remember one in April 1982. Yeah, I been around a long time, but Unc has me beat....

They close so easily these days.  I remember back in the 80s it would take 8 plus inches at the very least to close 

WOrking in schools, I can tell you social media has made a huge difference, and a bunch of parents posting negative stuff on facebook with pictures of kids sliding around and falling and shivering is just bad PR. Shut em down and make the day up later.

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

They rarely closed during the record winter of 94.....

The turning point for the nyc schools closing for snow was 2/11/94.  They elected not to close and 70-80% of the staff didn’t come in and there was insane backlash.  Teachers were giving radio/TV interviews about it and ever since they’ve closed much more easily than they did prior to that 

The turning point for the nyc schools closing for snow was 2/11/94.  They elected not to close and 70-80% of the staff didn’t come in and there was insane backlash.  Teachers were giving radio/TV interviews about it and ever since they’ve closed much more easily than they did prior to that 

I did not know that, thanks. I do remember the storm of course.

Archived