Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 4th 2018 Fish Bomb

Rjay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

NWS still has 4"-7" accumulations for my area with localized amounts up 9" possible. I think we could see amounts possibly approach a foot here especially with some of the model guidance coming in stronger and further west.

Well it had better get cranking soon....DOn't like that it's snowing to our east for awhile now and nothing here, I'm a bit surprised...

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

I'm to yuor west across from SI, nothing happening here yet, but LI is seeing a few inchs already? That doesn't sound good for us....tell me I'm wrong bud....

I wouldn’t worry at all. I was lucky and sat under an initial band that covered just the shore it looks like, which will push west and hit you next. Just look at what’s offshore and about to move in. 

Pretty much every model has 1” liquid or more now for even a good part of the city and over 1.25” for Suffolk, so Upton’s new range is pretty conservative for especially Bklyn/Queens. There’ll probably be widespread 12” amounts with locally 15” towards Suffolk assuming a little help from ratios about 12-1. 

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

I wouldn’t worry at all. I was lucky and sat under an initial band that covered just the shore it looks like, which will push west and hit you next. Just look at what’s offshore and about to move in. 

Pretty much every model has 1” liquid or more now for even a good part of the city and over 1.25” for Suffolk, so Upton’s new range is pretty conservative for especially Bklyn/Queens. There’ll probably be widespread 12” amounts with locally 15” towards Suffolk assuming a little help from ratios about 12-1. 

Yeah some of us can get a little impatient....seen near misses before...nothing in forecasts indicates my area will be on low end...but still you wanna see the show get started right?

Latest RAP 9z is just insane from the city east, has 1.25"+ liquid or more from the city east and a swath of 12"+ from the Jersey Shore on north. 8" makes it to the DE River. Locally it has spots over 15". HRRR is a little toned down from this but still nasty. So for those in the city where it isn't snowing hard yet, don't worry-it's coming. 

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Latest RAP 9z is just insane from the city east, has 1.25"+ liquid or more from the city east and a swath of 12"+ from the Jersey Shore on north. 8" makes it to the DE River. Locally it has spots over 15". HRRR is a little toned down from this but still nasty. So for those in the city where it isn't snowing hard yet, don't worry-it's coming. 

Finally started over here. We could cash in or be on low end, we'll see. In theory we should be good to go but ya know how it is, and I am a bit west of the city. Glad its started though.

15 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Take a look at the radar it's a thing of beauty.

3 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Definitly one of the sickest presentations we have seen. If this thing wasn’t flying we would be going for all time records. Even still we may approach 12 hour records 

Yea if only we had some blocking oh well at least we have a storm.

9 minutes ago, F5TornadoF5 said:

Some nice bands about to roll into LI and work there way west.

Snowing very hard in SW Suffolk (West Islip)...

Excitement grew when I saw that kicker phase into the low late last night... was just a matter of time before the models adjusted.

Weather fanatic dream... showed my wife the images of the phase... she was so impressed.... /sarcasam.....

18 minutes ago, kingbaus said:

Yea if only we had some blocking oh well at least we have a storm.

If we had too much blocking this thing would slingshot southwest of us given the impressive amplitude of the trough. Sure, we might get even more hellacious a front-end dump, but it would probably mix to rain for many areas

Archived