Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 4th 2018 Fish Bomb

Rjay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

You can already see the banding setting up. If it stays stationary there will be big winners and losers. Doubtful but possible

To me, the low still looks to me to be off of the NC/VA coast.  I know you're on the UWS and worried that you have yet to see flakes while some on LI are getting snow (I'm in Hoboken, so not far from you), but our time will come shortly.

9 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

You can already see the banding setting up. If it stays stationary there will be big winners and losers. Doubtful but possible

Snowing pretty hard here in SW Nassau.  Car tops already covered and it started at 2:20 AM.

6 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

Banding is starting to rotate into the NYC metro. This should start the accumulations. 

Radar looks immaculate. We’re getting banding while the storm is off OBX! The precip into NE PA is very encouraging as well. That’s what a powerful jet streak can do.

9885F098-5EBF-4F4D-B5B4-9999232234F8.thumb.png.b994bb62dbf6f474629c0428eeb2c301.png

Yeah I noticed this- my other home in NE PA might get up to 6 inches out of this when almost nothing was expected before.

5 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Yeah, where’s the guy hugging the euro now???

looks like it’s ripping snow at my house. But not a single flake on the UWS yet

Yeah I'm in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn it's taking forever to saturate the air and get snow to start falling here. It's snowing nicely on the south shore of Brooklyn and queens 

1 minute ago, Wxnyc said:

Yeah I'm in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn it's taking forever to saturate the air and get snow to start falling here. It's snowing nicely on the south shore of Brooklyn and queens 

That’s fine with me for now. I’m sitting in a nice warm classroom waiting for the snow to start on campus. As long as it keeps dumping on Long Island I’m happy. If that band keeps orientating the way it has there are going to be some nice accumulations there by sunrise

14 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

That’s fine with me for now. I’m sitting in a nice warm classroom waiting for the snow to start on campus. As long as it keeps dumping on Long Island I’m happy. If that band keeps orientating the way it has there are going to be some nice accumulations there by sunrise

lol you got there early- dedicated to your job!

0.5 mile visibility out here literally pouring down sugar outside.

1 minute ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Yeah I am. How much do you have so far? I would think approaching 2” based on the radar

It's definitely more than the 1.5 from the last storm, but less than 3, so I'd say you're right, somewhere between 2 and 2.5 right now, I'm amazed at how it's accumulating so fast (shouldn't be because it hasn't been above freezing in a long time lol.)  Roads even drifts on them, driving is going to be tough, there have been ZERO plows, no salt and no sand, no nothing.

They were probably thinking of waiting until day break but they are going to be playing catch up lol.

Archived