SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 4th 2018 Fish Bomb

Rjay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This seems to happen a lot with these models (including the Euro) and yet people still go by their output without remembering how many times they were wrong and what the margin of error was.
Sometimes I feel like we need a "cone of uncertainty" with these storms too.

Well we already have an eye so why not? Also I’m cautiously hopeful that western south shore nassau county breaks its usual snow hole curse

2 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

B614B1C1-7EFD-4B4C-BE15-CF2075C7B26F.png

50111548-AA56-4C2F-A281-60AFF4283712.png

Mix line gets close to the eastern tip of LI right there.  Block Island which is under a blizzard warning would definitely mix as would extreme SE NE east of the Cape Cod canal. Nantucket was rain on that first frame.

5 minutes ago, Snowberd said:

Well we already have an eye so why not? Also I’m cautiously hopeful that western south shore nassau county breaks its usual snow hole curse

Yes! The last time it was broken was Jan 2016 which was also a big win by the NAM when we got 30+!

8 minutes ago, Rjay said:

ecmwf_tprecip_nyc_5.png

Wow with 10:1 ratios double digit totals very close to JFK....with 15:1 ratios a foot in lower Manhattan!

Has double digits to Newark with 15:1 ratios.

12+ eastern LI with 10:1 ratios close to 20" there with 15:1 ratios.

2 minutes ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

I'm laughing how the long range NAM nailed this lmao. It's been really awesome the past year since it's recent upgrades. The CMC was consistent too. The EURO and Goofus were horrible and the HRRR is a joke. I'll remember this. The new HRDPS is pretty great too. 

The HRDPS is just hi res RGEM...always been around, it’s just new on tidbits..always had on wxbell...it’s basically 2.5k resolution 

2 minutes ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

I'm laughing how the long range NAM nailed this lmao. It's been really awesome the past year since it's recent upgrades. The CMC was consistent too. The EURO and Goofus were horrible and the HRRR is a joke. I'll remember this. The new HRDPS is pretty great too. 

Yes we must bookmark this for future memory and for the trolls that come out from their holes to model hug "the usual suspects" lol.

1 minute ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

People sh*t on the nam but it has been good. The CMC I thought was just as horrific as the other globals. Its QPF output was a joke until 00z run basically. 

Just now, HeadInTheClouds said:

People sh*t on the nam but it has been good. The CMC I thought was just as horrific as the other globals. Its QPF output was a joke until 00z run basically. 

In the mid-range the CMC and RGEM really nailed this system. I think they were the only ones that had the storm impacting us for a long time. I'll give them kudos for that much. 

Yes! The last time it was broken was Jan 2016 which was also a big win by the NAM when we got 30+!

Lol, we’re starving over here, I’m so autistic that I’m trying to pinpoint Oceanside on the canal to see if we snuck in at the 1.1 qpf level (yellow) I think we just made it in! “yes I’m a pathetic weenie”

Archived