Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 4th 2018 Fish Bomb

Rjay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Sounds good. Only caveat, southern SI and NJ towns just across the Arthur Kill could go a little higher IMO, or not.....potential is there and they have sometimes cashed in on the shore storms at times. But that's just my inner weenie talking....

SI belongs in the same grouping as central NJ and the south shores of Brooklyn, Queens and Nassau. I'd go slightly higher to 8-12"

4 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

There is strong 850mb moisture transport straight onto the EC which is partly responsible for snow farther N over the DelMarVa. Not sure why radar isn't coming up here, but there are returns over DE and far SNJ.

5a4d9fb4a49ab_850mbtransport1030pm1318.gif.72c4010fe3724bd95494ce82c107f428.gif

Yes def coming down in AC 

http://thesurfersview.com/live-beach-cams/...y/atlantic-city

2 minutes ago, Paragon said:

SI belongs in the same grouping as central NJ and the south shores of Brooklyn, Queens and Nassau. I'd go slightly higher to 8-12"

Potential is there. We did 32 inches on Boxing Day and that was mostly a coastal event; areas 30 miles to my west had only a few inches. Other times the storms skip just south of us and head east. Or rather the best bands do....

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

Wow, GFS ticked up from my area east. 1” liquid gets to FRG and over 1.25” in much of Suffolk. Someone there might pull off 15”.

GFS is rarely the wettest model out of the bunch

LI is going to get crushed tomorrow

Safe to say that NYC gets 6-10 inches and LI over 12 inches.

6 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Wow, GFS ticked up from my area east. 1” liquid gets to FRG and over 1.25” in much of Suffolk. Someone there might pull off 15”.

That’s a major improvement for most of the area.   Getting the precip shield further inland this run really helps the city on east.

Archived