Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 4th 2018 Fish Bomb

Rjay

4 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

There is going to be a very sharp cutoff northwest of the city and I mean real sharp. That incredibly dry air at mid and low levels depicted in that graphic posted is very telling plus there is going to be strong confluence at 700mb NW of the city. Subsidence and dry air are going to be a big issue west of the city. The new LR HRRR is showing this. I can see a virga fest for a long time and a bust coming

Ain’t a bust if you’re on the wet side of the 700mb frontogenesis with tons of csi.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Drz1111 said:

Ain’t a bust if you’re on the wet side of the 700mb frontogenesis with tons of csi.

Excellent post looks like for a lot of peeps esp on the eastern half of nj we can get into a monster deform band with great forcing. Some people just continue to look at the surface though

1 minute ago, ILoveWinter said:

He is relentless.

Lol funny. If you’re over 25 miles northwest of the city, the chances of a bust are very high. I’m not arguing it, but you’ll see for yourself tomorrow. The dry air, 700mb confluence and subsidence means business in that area. This has virga fest for several hours before saturation written all over it in that area. You are going to waste QPF

1 hour ago, North and West said:

I was in middle school for both big winters in the 1990s. 1994 was worse; we went to school on a Saturday in March to make up time.

If I remember correctly, my Sophomore year of HS a winter storm on MLK Day 1994 in Westchester gave us a mixed bag of snow and sleet and freezing rain.  It went below zero the next few days at night and the salt on the roads didn't work- I remember going out with my Mom and the roads were like dirt roads the ice was so bad. We were off the whole week!

4 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yep huge cutback from 18z

1 minute ago, Drz1111 said:

Much improved for N NJ over last run.  Sets up the deform band over Bergen Co and it rots there as the storm occluded and is kicked ENE.

Let’s try to cut back on the contradictory posts like these, thanks. 

42 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

This baby looks tucked so far, coastal sections are raining 

I checked the latest relative motion weather radar from Newport / Morehead City NC.  The coastal front runs south to north on a line that runs to the SE of Morehead City.  In addition the winds at Diamond Shoals buoy which is not far to the SE of Cape Hatteras backed from N to ENE with a temperature rise of 7 degrees shortly after 8pm as this coastal front moved to the west of the buoy.  The center of Low Pressure will move to the north along this coastal front to a position very near to Cape Hatteras in the next few hours.

Archived