Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 4th 2018 Fish Bomb

Rjay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, JetsPens87 said:

Could be the sloppy phase and too much energy entering on the backside of the trough trying to constantly push this thing east, also the low begins to become vertically stacked by our latitude.

With that said whomever gets underneath the death band/s will experience some much higher amounts because this is after all a storm coming from the tropics.

Exactly what I have been saying. As we have seen in past miller As that deform is going to have rates that are 3”/hr+. I still like Suffolk for the main deform band. Though there can be secondary bands back into the city

Just now, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Exactly what I have been saying. As we have seen in past miller As that deform is going to have rates that are 3”/hr+. I still like Suffolk for the main deform band. Though there can be secondary bands back into the city

Where the random Albany jackpots usually set up, I'm thinking with a storm this big this will be shifted east. I'm really not that concerned about the globals/skimpy QPF. 

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

Where the random Albany jackpots usually set up, I'm thinking with a storm this big this will be shifted east. I'm really not that concerned about the globals/skimpy QPF. 

Keep in mind, the secondary inland jackpot is often partially orographically driven.  That's why it normally hangs out over the highlands or the front end of the Catskills.  Here you won't have orographic effects, though there is an argument that frictional convergence at the coast can create a slight enhancement of lift over NYC and tend - but only tend - to park that last good band there. 

4 minutes ago, Drz1111 said:

Keep in mind, the secondary inland jackpot is often partially orographically driven.  That's why it normally hangs out over the highlands or the front end of the Catskills.  Here you won't have orographic effects, though there is an argument that frictional convergence at the coast can create a slight enhancement of lift over NYC and tend - but only tend - to park that last good band there. 

Very true and I was just about to add that myself. 

Could you please clarify what that means for lurkers like me? :-)

Edit: I googled it, no need to clarify. TIA though!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

This really shows where exactly the banding will setup on the NAM. There will be subsidence to both the immediate West and East of this band, but it will be moving.

5a4d0486d4155.png

no it does not. vorticity is not a measure for location of vertical motion. it can be inferred but it’s misleading to say the bright red is where the band ends up. 

Archived