Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4th 2018 Fish Bomb

Rjay

10 minutes ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

I still don't think the globals have a handle on this. The CMC gives Long Island 2.5 inches and just west of Boston 4.5 and thats with ratios. Thats ridiculous. 

Again, this is where pattern recognition and experience trump persistent model assessment. Respectfully, some of the younger, but knowledable mets/pros are having difficulty with this system due to access of too much data (yes, that's possible!) UkMet is very deliberate tonight and paints a very clear picture of where the CCB will set up. I like the Mount Holly accumulations for now.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Again, this is where pattern recognition and experience trump persistent model assessment. Respectfully, some of the younger, but knowledable mets/pros are having difficulty with this system due to access of too much data (yes, that's possible!) UkMet is very deliberate tonight and paints a very clear picture of where the CCB will set up. I like the Mount Holly accumulated for now.

Ukmets been so erratic tho

1 minute ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

All western leaning now

29FDC717-A1E7-41FB-BE00-D9B0C294B052.png

C921F08D-FC6E-4C58-9027-B1A916181E6D.png

Good signs IMO but I'd really like to see some solutions very soon go within the benchmark for big impacts around the city and especially just NW. We want the low to crawl NNE for as long as possible before being booted east such as the NAM shows too soon for many. 

1 minute ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

This is seriously one of the most bizarre storms to track. 30 hours until snow starts to fall and still a number of different solutions on the table. 

Lots still up for grabs, it’s how these complex storms work....u knew there was no way that OTS model consistency was our solution

DAB33E60-AA12-4C1E-BD72-C2E6D0DDFC48.png

79874193-084A-4C77-BE6D-C609FC4DD11B.png

2 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Lake Charles LA is reporting light snow

But Baton Rouge, Natchez, etc are not.  There’s very little precip right now, as was modeled.  Radar is quiet unless you use the fake WSI conposite weenie-dar.

Archived