• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4th 2018 Fish Bomb

Rjay

Thoughts on the possibility of a western band like we’ve seen in the past? I’ve seen countless strong storms, where a band is suppose to set over NYC or Hudson Valley, and Allentown to Albany ends up cashing in.. Xmas even this year is a good example. Albany was forecasted 1-2” from the mostly eastern extending storm, ended up having that band set up shop from Allentown to them, dropped 9.8” at Albany airport... 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

You absolutely read my mind. The ice is pretty incredible now. On par with feb 15 in the great South Bay. 50mph northerly gusts are going to cause major ice damage to docks and piers on the north side of fire island. This is not something we have had to deal with ever as far as I know. Also any snow that falls on the ice will blow across the bay and burry the same areas. Similar to what buffalo saw during their epic storm in 77. More drifting off ice then actual falling snow

This is more the type of situation that they normally experience on bigger lakes.

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Some really garbage posting again. The nams east throw in the towel. The nams west woooo hooo.

if your going to get involved in the PBP please speak in certainly not what “you want to see”. Remember this forum is 200 miles east to west. So my storm may not be your storm.

we have definitly seen things fall into place for a reasonable hit east of the city and a potentially major hit for our Far East friends. 

Which is why I argued for so long for a separate or sub forum for Nassau/Suffolk. This system being a perfect example. City guys crying miss when for us it’s a solid storm. 

28 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

You absolutely read my mind. The ice is pretty incredible now. On par with feb 15 in the great South Bay. 50mph northerly gusts are going to cause major ice damage to docks and piers on the north side of fire island. This is not something we have had to deal with ever as far as I know. Also any snow that falls on the ice will blow across the bay and burry the same areas. Similar to what buffalo saw during their epic storm in 77. More drifting off ice then actual falling snow

I drive with my dad from browns river in sayville over to Fire Island in 77-78. Scary as hell for a 12 yr old. Still something I won’t forget. 

4 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

The 18z GFS is sort of a compromise between the 12z Euro and the 12z NAM.

2-4" in NYC proper. Best dynamics and CCB miss to the East. 

It's pretty obvious the best dynamics are going to be east of city proper. The question still remains how far west precip shield gets. .10-.20 is what I am hoping for with 15-20:1 ratios in HV. 

1 minute ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

It's pretty obvious the best dynamics are going to be east of city proper. The question still remains how far west precip shield gets. .10-.20 is what I am hoping for with 15-20:1 ratios in HV. 

If the storm comes a bit further West the strong winds aloft will limit the ratios some. I wouldn't go much higher than 15:1.

4 minutes ago, Fields27 said:

What is pulling this low east once it reaches Hatteras? It looks so weird verbatim headed due north until it reaches north Carolina. Then just jumps east. Looks funny.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

See how the trough is kicking the storm East instead of phasing it in? Think of it like a golf club hitting a golf ball.

sketched_5a4c01d17034e.png

Archived