Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
JAN 4th Coastal

H2O

13 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

LOL at what the 3k did to places in east central NC and interior southeast VA.  Places went from over 1" qpf to 0 in 2 runs.  Not exactly consistent.  

Yeah, it's usually a good model, but it made a shift towards the RGEMs there.  It will be interesting to see which RGEM ends up doing better.  The HRDPS is better on average, but not always.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to laugh if this keeps ticking west and we end up getting a solid snowstorm. The one poster on here yesterday that posted that one map, which admittedly looked very much like wishcasting at the time, could be owed a lot of apologies for all the crap he took.

4 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

I'm going to laugh if this keeps ticking west and we end up getting a solid snowstorm. The one poster on here yesterday that posted that one map, which admittedly looked very much like wishcasting at the time, could be owed a lot of apologies for all the crap he took.

The one that looked like it was drawn by a two year old?

I guess you can add me to the weenie hallucination category. But after looking at the water vapor loop I question whether we may be seeing a new factor thrown into the mix which could possibly be a game changer. 

This is 6hr of the 12z run so it is a couple of hours ahead of the water vapor loop but close enough to get an idea of what we should be expecting to see on the water vapor loop.

Now A is and has been a weak non-player throughout the runs to the best of my knowledge whereas B we have focused on being the kicker. I look at the water vapor loop though and I am not seeing this setup. Though we are still seeing a small portion of B running down towards the phase we are seeing the main parcel not getting the dig that the models suggest we should be seeing at this point. Now what stood out to me is the fact that A looks to be much stronger and dropping much quicker then modeled. In fact it looks as if it is already beginning to drop down into the base of the current phase of the initial NS and SS. Here is the radar loop. http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/ 

Now maybe I am off here and looking at this through weenie glasses so I would be glad to hear others thoughts on this.

6hrgfs.gif.0e04752dfa3b558d6f8da3e24a72cbbc.gif

15 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

Trend continues. I remain confident in my 6'' reading somewhere in montgomery county when all is said and done. Think this will be a pretty big impact locally, especially with the timing of it in the AM and what will turn out to be a blown forecast.

I stand by what I said yesterday -- i will never ever mod a single one of your posts if you see 6" in MoCo

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I know I know....ensembles are dumb at this point...but...

The GEFS members that push the .2 line west of DC all hit the coastal plain of NC pretty good. 6"+ down that way. 

Ensembles are only dumb at this point if they reduce snow, not if they increase or support higher totals.

• H2O unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic

Archived