Newest Member
    SnowHabit
JAN 4th Coastal

H2O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

This is exactly where I am. I keep waiting for the models to eliminate the east kick and suddenly the snow shifts way west but it just hasn't happened yet. Maybe it's coming but if we were playing musical chairs, the music is about to stop.

If you're looking for an elimination of the east kick and a shifting of the storm way west, then someone needs to come into your house and kick all the chairs over, because that's not happening.

What you should be looking for is a tighter hugging of the coast and an expansion of the precip on the west side. It's still asking a lot, but at least it's within the realm of possibility.

2 minutes ago, mattie g said:

If you're looking for an elimination of the east kick and a shifting of the storm way west, then someone needs to come into your house and kick all the chairs over, because that's not happening.

What you should be looking for is a tighter hugging of the coast and an expansion of the precip on the west side. It's still asking a lot, but at least it's within the realm of possibility.

in fairness a tug here and a tug there and it can make things go boom.  :).

3k looks great and also shows better snows heading up into NE Pa which may be a sign of that northern tick in the qpf fields due to the strength of the storm.

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

in fairness a tug here and a tug there and it can make things go boom.  :).

3k looks great and also shows better snows heading up into NE Pa which may be a sign of that northern tick in the qpf fields due to the strength of the storm.

Can't get stronger than 947 east of DE. You know it will have an eye.

Just now, mattie g said:

You could look out your east windows and see the snow falling in your neighbor's backyard, and look out the west windows and see broken high cirrus.

:lol:

If DCA gets several inches and I get flurries, I'm going to find that puppy you kicked and throw it in the Potomac.

(figuratively, puppies are awesome)

23 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

That jump east tho...ugh.  It's gonna be gut wrenching...we all just need to buck up.   An inch is within the realm tho.  

Yea there is going to be a time when everything is coming north right towards us on radar but then if guidance is right it hits a brick wall and turns ENE as it feels the influence of the northern stream. Our only hope is this bullies north until it's east of the Delmarva instead of turning at the outer banks. 

As it comes at us knowing it won't make it I'm gonna feel like a crash dummy watching the wall coming thinking "this is gonna hurt"

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

shoot me.  go ahead...i dare ya.

w/ all due respect, we are close enough for this to have SOME validity.  Should make some of you smile.  small but nice tick west that brings some that were out....in.  3k is best of the nest so....hug at will.

nam3km_asnow_neus_32.png

Due North yikes...can a brother get a 15 mile shift?

• H2O unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic

Archived