Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
JAN 4th Coastal

H2O

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Personally, I like seeing those disco's from the south NWS and WxSouth are NOT weenie sources...well...not the weenie kind I ignore anyway. We need a big bully to push things west. Small shifts in development are meaningful. 

With that being said, if my yard gets more than 1" then it's a pretty big win. I want leesburg's yard to get 1". That's what I'm rooting for....heh. 

I'm okay with discussions from NWS, but that other one.... 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, SabreAce33 said:

None of the mets around here have indicated any chance of phasing in our vicinity.  I assume that doesn't change even with a decent tick West and additional intensification?

They are talking about phasing between the STJ and the first northern stream vort that dove down into the southeast. The problem for us is as the storm comes north there is another northern stream vort diving down that it runs into and turns east. The really crazy runs that nails us earlier were phasing it with that last vort also. It does eventually but not in time for us, at our latitude it's just messing up the dynamics and moisture transport into our area and bumping the low east at the worst time. All of that is after it affects them so they care not. 

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

They are talking about phasing between the STJ and the first northern stream vort that dove down into the southeast. The problem for us is as the storm comes north there is another northern stream vort diving down that it runs into and turns east. The really crazy runs that nails us earlier were phasing it with that last vort also. It does eventually but not in time for us, at our latitude it's just messing up the dynamics and moisture transport into our area and bumping the low east at the worst time. All of that is after it affects them so they care not. 

Ah, thank you!

12 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Personally, I like seeing those disco's from the south NWS and WxSouth are NOT weenie sources...well...not the weenie kind I ignore anyway. We need a big bully to push things west. Small shifts in development are meaningful. 

With that being said, if my yard gets more than 1" then it's a pretty big win. I want leesburg's yard to get 1". That's what I'm rooting for....heh. 

I haven't given up all hope and I was never feeling this (keep in mind my location) but I was waiting for that big jump run to really think "ok this could happen" and it never came. A lot of nudges and eeks but never that oh yea run. 

Many weenies are throwing around convective feedback to assume the tightly would subtropical storm depiction of many models is wrong. But sometimes convective feedback is real and this thing could take on some subtropical features that hurt our chances. In that case stronger and west won't matter if the storm is a tightly contracted bomb. The baroclinoc boundary along the coast would save them and produce snow but we would be SOL. 

I suppose there is the last ditch prayer that this is so powerful the guidance can't handle it and the convective problems are fake and it just bullies its way north instead of kicking east once to NC. But that's a LOT and ifs and buts right there. 

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I haven't given up all hope and I was never feeling this (keep in mind my location) but I was waiting for that big jump run to really think "ok this could happen" and it never came. A lot of nudges and eeks but never that oh yea run. 

Many weenies are throwing around convective feedback to assume the tightly would subtropical storm depiction of many models is wrong. But sometimes convective feedback is real and this thing could take on some subtropical features that hurt our chances. In that case stronger and west won't matter if the storm is a tightly contracted bomb. The baroclinoc boundary along the coast would save them and produce snow but we would be SOL. 

I suppose there is the last ditch prayer that this is so powerful the guidance can't handle it and the convective problems are fake and it just bullies its way north instead of kicking east once to NC. But that's a LOT and ifs and buts right there. 

I love you dude but do you set your alarm to post this on the hour?

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

This is exactly where I am. I keep waiting for the models to eliminate the east kick and suddenly the snow shifts way west but it just hasn't happened yet. Maybe it's coming but if we were playing musical chairs, the music is about to stop.

• H2O unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic

Archived