Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
JAN 4th Coastal

H2O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

This is about the time I start looking for Yoda or Mitch to post that weird ukie site and pray it clobbers me, you, and the other MoCo posters. Really great to see the UL changes showing up on all the guidance during the 00z suite. Hopefully...the ukie and/or euro don'y try to drop a turd in the weenie magic punch bowl. The vibe from the juice is good tonight lol. 

Quit stalking me dude!  

:P

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

This is about the time I start looking for Yoda or Mitch to post that weird ukie site and pray it clobbers me, you, and the other MoCo posters. Really great to see the UL changes showing up on all the guidance during the 00z suite. Hopefully...the ukie and/or euro don'y try to drop a turd in the weenie magic punch bowl. The vibe from the juice is good tonight lol. 

I have a hunch the ukie will follow. All meso's and globals have been pretty close to each other at h5. Only subtle differences with track and strength. If we get a couple inches I'll admit this is the biggest reverse bust of at short range in our area in a long time. Not so much the snow totals but how much the storm had to trend to get us in the game. 

I have a hunch the ukie will follow. All meso's and globals have been pretty close to each other at h5. Only subtle differences with track and strength. If we get a couple inches I'll admit this is the biggest reverse bust of at short range in our area in a long time. Not so much the snow totals but how much the storm had to trend to get us in the game. 
Remember when this was East of Bermuda a few days ago?

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I have a hunch the ukie will follow. All meso's and globals have been pretty close to each other. At h5. Only subtle differences there and with track and strength. If we get a couple inches I'll admit this is the biggest reverse bust of at short range in our area in a long time. Not so much the snow totals but how much the storm had to trend to get us in the game. 

It certainly would be a great feeling to actually kick Lucy’s football.

6 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
9 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Remember when this was East of Bermuda a few days ago?

I'll eat every single world publicly in a bright red speedo if I shovel 4" of snow. I might do it just cuz. This is a comeback for the ages if it happens. Backing in with a setup that screams no snow for my yard is pretty novel. This is a learning storm. 

Want to have even more fun? Cmc has 2 more events on the heels over the next 8 days. All snow. 

Eta: make that 3 events. D10 is mixed. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'll eat every single world publicly in a bright red speedo if I shovel 4" of snow. I might do it just cuz. This is a comeback for the ages if it happens. Backing in with a setup that screams no snow for my yard is pretty novel. This is a learning storm. 

Want to have even more fun? Cmc has 2 more events on the heels over the next 8 days. All snow. 

Oh no. How are my wife and kids going to take the news they're stuck in the basement another 8 days. I'll figure something out. 

Pics or it didn't happen! :) 

IF this storm happens for us, it's the exact type of once-in-a-million scenario that keeps most of us hanging in there despite the odds. Probably going to have to dub it the "Cobalt 2018" storm.

16 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

UKIE in about 15 mins :lol:

16 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Lol, the RAP is definitely smoking some good stuff tonight.  00z run gets 0.5” to DC and Baltimore.  RAP is hardly reliable and at this range, its probably worse than SREFs.

Saw that too and was like, um okay, yes please.  Too bad its at range and not likely as you said

All the runs are giving most of us snow and onset is like in 24 hours. Wild stuff. 

I read a piece on the HRDPS and apparently it's pretty good. Forecasters that have used it have given it kudos. That's why it's becoming widely available. It's been around for a little while. 

i like the RGEM better....drives the snow way more west 

12 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

This is acceptable. Would be an usual storm onset with what the models are spitting out. Bands would just rotate in from the ocean. No waa stuff like with most coastals. Right to the banding. Heh

hrdps_ir_neus_31.png

even though it's a different storm/setup, it definitely looks like jan 2000 in that pic, and those bands came straight off the atlantic as well.

• H2O unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic

Archived