Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
JAN 4th Coastal

H2O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

I think 3-4” is safe call for RIC and DC. Pretty sure the GFS will get folks little excited later

I would not make that call.  We’ve had the rug pulled out closer than this. GFS has a way of gut punching at the last minute.  Now if it holds well I will have to eat it.  Gladly of course.

If you keep getting caught up in exactly where that SLP center is, you'll miss the important details. The important thing on those runs is that the upper levels are much better for snow on the west side of the circulation and that the low is initially anchored to the coastal front instead of further east, which helps put the better f-gen/deformation zones onshore instead of out over the Atlantic or just brushing the beaches.

5 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

We've still got 24 hours of guidance until we can make that answer. Could be a blip, but the trends are still very exciting, so I'm hopeful.

Meh...we don’t need guidance. Once that Jebman fella said he was getting that pain in his foot I knew the snow was a lock

4 minutes ago, csnavywx said:

If you keep getting caught up in exactly where that SLP center is, you'll miss the important details. The important thing on those runs is that the upper levels are much better for snow on the west side of the circulation and that the low is initially anchored to the coastal front instead of further east, which helps put the better f-gen/deformation zones onshore instead of out over the Atlantic or just brushing the beaches.

Hopefully you hang out cause what you're talking about sounds like the bomb

• H2O unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic

Archived