Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
JAN 4th Coastal

H2O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I know it’s been good for some here but RGEM has performed poorly this winter in MBY with regard to QPF. it’s been way too wet. I’m taking whatever totals it shows for me with a grain of salt. 

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

It is interesting that the RGEM is getting precip back over our area. Evan as far as out here. It has performed very well so far this winter. But is still a little bit at range. It looks like it is getting precip into the area with some kind of inverted trough?

these two posts back to back are lol

21 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

It is interesting that the RGEM is getting precip back over our area. Evan as far as out here. It has performed very well so far this winter. But is still a little bit at range. It looks like it is getting precip into the area with some kind of inverted trough?

It is extremely light NW of I-95 though, and it could just be virga out there. On the total precip map, the 0.1" line is SE of the cities at hr 48. Not much more over me, about .15" or so. Looks really nice down along the coast, with 0.5"+. Question is, where does it go beyond this point, and my guess is it is headed NE and out.

eta- There does appear to be an inverted trough, so I would say that is at least contributing to the depiction of more precip further inland.

5 minutes ago, nj2va said:

It predicted about double QPF what I actually got. I’ll see if I can find the runs leading up to it but I’m skeptical of RGEM QPF.  

The 18z run before the Dec 8/9 event had me at 0.4”+ with SE DC in 0.5”. I wound up with like 1.5” or so on much less QPF. I find that it’s been consistently too wet for my location so I’m treading lightly. 

15 minutes ago, nj2va said:

The 18z run before the Dec 8/9 event had me at 0.4”+ with SE DC in 0.5”. I wound up with like 1.5” or so on much less QPF. I find that it’s been consistently too wet for my location so I’m treading lightly. 

Yeah me too.  When it's an outlier from the globals I don't weigh it heavily.  

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I dont know what is lol about talking about what a model is showing. Isnt that what this thread is for?

i found the "RGEM has been good here" vs" RGEM has been bad here" back to back, to be funny. Sorry. 

• H2O unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic

Archived