Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

I'm in Houston for work this week.  Felt great when I got in yesterday afternoon, mid 60's....Now it's sleeting/freezing raining and entire city is basically shut down.  Winter is following me...

Good week to miss up here. Not much going on. You may see as much wintry wx in HOU than the i95 crowd in SNE. ;)

Snow continues here, some of the biggest flakes I’ve seen this year, every time it looks like it’s ending more precipitation develops.. With that being said just a light accumulation overnight, I bet they did decent just to the north, will have to wait till the PNS comes out..

43B6FE1B-6F95-495A-9BCC-80D06065A622.jpeg

41 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

4.2” as the snow is letting up here. Go just a couple miles north and there’s only an inch or two. Looked at a radar loop from overnight and for once the band sat right over my head for hours, like others have said too bad the lake is frozen or we could have really gotten pounded. I’ll take it though! 

Williamsville was in the second band just north of metro buffalo received a little over 2" but snow was falling moderately as I left for the office 45 minutes ago and radar shows still snowing. 

On 1/14/2018 at 8:27 AM, vortmax said:

I pick the GFS version... 

And you would mostly be correct, Euro has definitely been trending cooler and so has the NWS, kinda on the fence here lol I could go for a nice warm up but I also wouldn’t mind saving a little of my snowpack..

BA41D93E-E18F-436F-90FA-DB412EE29A4E.jpeg

24 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Woke up to 2.5" of new snow since last night. Still snowing decently here. Airport got 3.3" and still snowing there too. If lake wasn't 90% frozen this is high end warning event. 

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=buf&product=PNS&issuedby=BUF

I must say buffalo weather you nailed this a few days ago that the Monday Wednesday timeframe looked sneaky and someone could pick up 6"...bravo!!!

7 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Another bust!

IMG_5436.PNG

Already busted as we’re over 6” in WS... heck if this keeps up for several more hours we may land up close to double digit totals. It’s all pure fluff and won’t take much at all to zap it away but it counts just as much towards the seasonal total as the concrete stuff. 

Archived