Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The PNA goes negative, NAO goes a little Neg. WPO and EPO go a little positive. Should transfer into a more zonal flow. Would say slightly above normal temps in the long range. Alaska just had its warmest December on record due to that crazy positive PNA. They were an insane +15.7 above normal.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/weather/2018/01/08/alaska-just-had-its-warmest-december-on-record/

https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/forecasts/reforecast2/teleconn/forecast.html

8 to 14 Day Outlook - Temperature Probability

I’m at nearly 70” on the season here which I would think is at least slightly above average for here in mid January. Would think average for here would be about 50-55” through this point. Will obviously move much closer to average over the next couple weeks with it looking like there is not very many snow chances for the remainder of January however if we can just have a normal Feb and March, I should be able to finish the season at average or even slightly above. Looking forward to a little break for the next couple weeks before hopefully we can get a stormy pattern after that. Our best storm last winter in Amherst came in March with well over 2 feet of snow and was a really great and memorable storm.

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I think a surprise is coming in that band. 

WUNIDS_map?station=BUF&brand=wui&num=10&

Agreed. The NWS spoke about all the open waters between Dunkirk and long point and westward was fast ice and not stable. I saw that on radar earlier and thought that's interesting let's see what the AFD says...well the answer was nothing so I'm in agreeance with you this could be a small surprise 

41 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Agreed. The NWS spoke about all the open waters between Dunkirk and long point and westward was fast ice and not stable. I saw that on radar earlier and thought that's interesting let's see what the AFD says...well the answer was nothing so I'm in agreeance with you this could be a small surprise 

It died quick. 1-2” along lakeshore 

18 minutes ago, WNash said:

30 minute flizzard totaling 0”

Yeah 1/4" here ^_^

Went hiking in the woods yesterday in southeastern Eden. There is a nice trail there with a gradual waterfall. This is what winter is all about for me, getting out there and enjoying it. I feel like most people just stay at home and watch from their windows. I snowmobile, ski, snowboard, hike all winter. This is how you enjoy winter. 

pnhVxui.jpg

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah 1/4" here ^_^

Went hiking in the woods yesterday in southeastern Eden. There is a nice trail there with a gradual waterfall. This is what winter is all about for me, getting out there and enjoying it. I feel like most people just stay at home and watch from their windows. I snowmobile, ski, snowboard, hike all winter. This is how you enjoy winter. 

pnhVxui.jpg

Is that the south branch of 18 mile or big sister creek?

Spent most of the last few days in Johnson City just west of KBGM...pretty wintry there...I'd say a solid 6" from last weekend's storm.  Looked to be a bit less in BGM and esp east side of there, which makes sense. 

Looks like 3-5" from this upcoming system for BGM area, probably 1" here. We got 1/2" overnight earlier no. of Syr, and that looks like about it here. Time to level the playing field a bit with this one.

Archived