SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I feel like 12+ for a majority of this forum is worthy of new thread, any votes? 

I say do it!  It can be the storm and then then the long thaw thread.  I'm finally back on top of things post illness, have missed most of this storm analysis but needless to say I'm pretty excited.  

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Saw it on channel 2 and 4 

Weird lol. Checked the gauge for Caz creek and it looked like there was a small 1-2 foot rapid rise earlier cause by a jam but then quickly dropped off and is now back down to below where it was this morning. I live very close to it and drove by it on my way home and it didn't seem very high at all to me. Maybe it's further downstream in Caz Park or further...

34 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Weird lol. Checked the gauge for Caz creek and it looked like there was a small 1-2 foot rapid rise earlier cause by a jam but then quickly dropped off and is now back down to below where it was this morning. I live very close to it and drove by it on my way home and it didn't seem very high at all to me. Maybe it's further downstream in Caz Park or further...

The Caz gauge is worthless for Ice Jam levels except for what it's like near Southgate in West Seneca.  Just did a drive around and the big jam at the moment is right in the park and back through the golf course.  The park is taking on quite a bit of water already.  Up along the slants by me the ice hasn't even broken yet... Once the jam in the park let's loose and piles up under Stevenson we may have some issues especially looking at that slug of rain moving in... 

IMG_5313.JPG

Everybody enjoy their snow but I am thinking jackpot is west of a Phoenix and Auburn line. Would not be surprised that we mix longer than anticipated and cut back on snow here. Gonna go with 4 to 8 for Phoenix. Main storm over mid-morning with snow-shield. See what happens and hope I am wrong. Regardless, just had an area wide 10 to 20 last week and another 5 to 16 modeled so very nice! If it's snowing here by 8PM then all bets off. Quick wave, quick hitter with somebody getting 2" + per hour for a bit. 

25 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

The Caz gauge is worthless for Ice Jam levels except for what it's like near Southgate in West Seneca.  Just did a drive around and the big jam at the moment is right in the park and back through the golf course.  The park is taking on quite a bit of water already.  Up along the slants by me the ice hasn't even broken yet... Once the jam in the park let's loose and piles up under Stevenson we may have some issues especially looking at that slug of rain moving in... 

IMG_5313.JPG

Wow. Thanks for the info. Hopefully things don't get too bad down there. May have to take a drive to see it in a little bit if it does jam up at Stevenson bridge.

6 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Wow. Thanks for the info. Hopefully things don't get too bad down there. May have to take a drive to see it in a little bit if it does jam up at Stevenson bridge.

I'll let you know.  Right at the end of my street so I'll be popping down pretty much every hour. Look at all the rain comming in! 

IMG_5341.PNG

1 hour ago, WesterlyWx said:

Leaving in a minute, going to Caz to see the flooding. 

We were down in WS dealing with a broken sump pump at my in laws and there was a huge crew in the parking lot at the Creekside on Union. Is Cayuga Creek jammed up as well?

Sounds good I’ll be here for a little bit longer! I’ll be in my truck or you’ll see me standing right next to the caution tape taking video lol. 

Good times meeting up!  I'll have to get that video of the jet ski posted... Can't believe another flow broke lose and jammed right back up under Stevenson again.  Just took this at 11:15.  Water rose a good 3 feet in 5 minutes...

IMG_5416.PNG

Spliced together my video clips from tonight...  And yes there was in fact TWO jet skis that we saw get sucked under that bridge!  

Sounds good I’ll be here for a little bit longer! I’ll be in my truck or you’ll see me standing right next to the caution tape taking video lol. 

Next event looks like Monday-Tuesday with a clipper. Lake enhancement in front and lake effect behind.

Widespread light snow will move
into Western NY Monday evening ahead of an advancing cold front.
Light snow will move from west to east across the region Monday
night and snow will likely be east of Lake Ontario by Tuesday
morning. Widespread accumulating snow is possible and may impact the
Monday afternoon/evening and Tuesday morning commute

Archived