Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

On 1/7/2018 at 12:09 PM, rochesterdave said:

Putting up the big maps? Eh Livingston? Lol

I love it. That’s a once every 5 year track. It’s hard to get. Would be an absolute crush job for WNY. Pretty much as good a set up as we can get. 

I too get nervous when we are the bullseye 130 hrs out. But the setup is advertised across models and it’s actually one I’ve seen a few time- wave rides up stalled front...etc. 

I like it. I’m bullish. Put me down as a yes. 

I’ve been happy with my analysis of this event going back 4-5 days I was very optimistic... I think the cake is mostly baked now. Snow maps will fluxuate back and forth but overall I like WNY for a 1-2’ deal. I expect Warnings will fly with the late package. They may opt to keep the far NW counties a Watch for now but they too will be upgraded I think. Exciting times. At least we can say the big motion to the east has halted. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Warnings up for KROC they go big

then heavy snow expected Friday night through Saturday. Travel
  will be very difficult to impossible. Total snow accumulations
  of 9 to 17 in

Yeah think Roc Jackpots. Good place for synoptic and lake effect on back side. Possible 20" amounts just east of city. Roc is probably best location for synoptic in New York State. 

7 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Start a new thread for this event or keep this one going?

Also the in house models for 2 and 4 are quite a bit farther NW. Matches NAM 4km. 

Seems like the higher res models all have it further Nw and the lower resolution global have it further east. Should be interesting to see which ones end up more right 

Archived