joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah, but a much weaker low pressure than last few nights. From Chicago to Albany in 3 days, models are getting better or worse? ^_^

Well the first storm trended much stronger which in turn shifts the baroclinic zone and second storm SE.  The first storm has become very very wet, over 2 inches of rain now in spots

2 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Well the first storm trended much stronger which in turn shifts the baroclinic zone and second storm SE.  The first storm has become very very wet, over 2 inches of rain now in spots

It never phases like it was last night. It's much weaker, now barely a semblance of last nights beast euro with massive QPF. It's more of an overrunning event now, than an actual storm. The negative tilt is completely gone, the really high snowfall rates are gone too.  Bottoms out at 1000 MB lol 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah, but a much weaker low pressure than last few nights. From Chicago to Albany in 3 days, models are getting better or worse? ^_^

(Some) people seem to ignore the fact that the models can only work with the data they're given. The energy for this system didn't come fully onshore until today, so it's not surprising to see these shifts. It still could be a decent storm for a lot of us (I won't turn down 10"+ which certainly seems possible near ROC with lake enhancement), but not the monumental one it looked like a couple of days ago.

1 minute ago, coh said:

(Some) people seem to ignore the fact that the models can only work with the data they're given. The energy for this system didn't come fully onshore until today, so it's not surprising to see these shifts. It still could be a decent storm for a lot of us (I won't turn down 10"+ which certainly seems possible near ROC with lake enhancement), but not the monumental one it looked like a couple of days ago.

Yeah it's still a good storm for central new york. Just not for WNY. Last nights run had insane potential for almost the entire sub-forum with 20-25" (2-3" per hour) with backside enhancement and good winds. Now we get max snowfall rates of 1" per hour, less enhancement and no winds. 

7 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Well usually the correction stops and things tend to go back west a bit we shall see. But still looks good for rochester.

This is NOT going back West, so I hope ppl on this sub-forum is not hoping on a NW trend the last couple days.  If anything, it'll continue to trend East, and we'll be next to say, on to the next one, but not yet as I think this is now a CNY event.

2 minutes ago, tim123 said:

3 km still farther west heaviest from Cleveland to buffalo rochester

Cherry pick all the models to see which ones give KBUF and KROC the best snow, and go with that one, cause thats your best chance right about now.  Thats what I did with the NAM and look how it turned out, lol!

Archived