SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

I’m surprised nobody is posting about our current weather. Moderate to heavy snow at times, 2” down in last 2 hours... 

I’m glad to hear that it’s snowing heavily to my west. Currently it’s snowing lightly here although flake size is increasing. I got about a half an inch overnight then had a couple hour break where the snow ended. 

Not a good setup for bulk of CNY I don't think on weekend storm. Antecedent airmass blows with highs in 40s to near 50 down around here and even the eastern outlier gfs is questionable as we would still be fighting warm air and dry slotting issues with track nearly right over BGM. This looks more like a far WNY and NNY event if there is a wintry synoptic side to be had at all. With models showing negative tilt near the Mississippi Delta region 'm betting on a Euro type solution with a track west of the spine. Need that negative tilt to happen closer to Atlanta area to up our chances that the front can setup shop further S/E. 

4 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Not a good setup for bulk of CNY I don't think on weekend storm. Antecedent airmass blows with highs in 40s to near 50 down around here and even the eastern outlier gfs is questionable as we would still be fighting warm air and dry slotting issues with track nearly right over BGM. This looks more like a far WNY and NNY event if there is a wintry synoptic side to be had at all. With models showing negative tilt near the Mississippi Delta region 'm betting on a Euro type solution with a track west of the spine. Need that negative tilt to happen closer to Atlanta area to up our chances that the front can setup shop further S/E. 

I agree. But EPS were way southeast. It had it over Atlanta. At this range always go with the ENS. I am growing increasing confident that this is a biggie for someone very close to us.

ecmwf-ens_z500_mslp_us_6.png

ecmwf-ens_z500_mslp_us_7.png

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I agree. But EPS were way southeast. It had it over Atlanta. At this range always go with the ENS. I am growing increasing confident that this is a biggie for someone very close to us.

ecmwf-ens_z500_mslp_us_6.png

ecmwf-ens_z500_mslp_us_7.png

Just saw that. That is encouraging. Still not feeling too confident for CNY yet. WNY much better chance to cash in on this setup IMO.

1 hour ago, WesterlyWx said:

We’d be talking 2-3”/hr rates over all of WNY with +TSSN ... actually sucks being in the bullseye 100 hours out as it’s likley going to change...

I believe about 5 or 6 years ago we had a similar storm that brought almost immediate SN+ with the onset of precip and we got hammered with about 15" in a short 6 to 8 your period at KBUF...I wish I could remember the details of the year.

Archived