SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 3-4 "Threat"

anthonyweather

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well anxious to post my unprofessional obs at my location.  Just looking at news and what you all have posted chesco getting brushed-the bomb is way east of me. Virga to start radar might look good then boom-it takes off ne and I'm in the cut off.  Been here before . Not complaining, it's cold might get some good gusts in the pm tomorrow. 

Be safe all!  See u in the obs thread. 

23 minutes ago, Lady Di said:

Well anxious to post my unprofessional obs at my location.  Just looking at news and what you all have posted chesco getting brushed-the bomb is way east of me. Virga to start radar might look good then boom-it takes off ne and I'm in the cut off.  Been here before . Not complaining, it's cold might get some good gusts in the pm tomorrow. 

Be safe all!  See u in the obs thread. 

If you're still in Avondale PA I think you'll get a little something out of this...1-2" or so.

3 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Final Call: 

Lehigh Valley 2 to 4"

Central Bucks/mont/west chester 3 to 6"

Lower Bucks/mont/philadelphia/delaware 4 to 8"

Mercer county through vineland,NJ 6 to 10"

Vineland to the coast up to toms river 8 to 12"

I'll go with that...sounds about right. You really can't tell till it arrives and things start filling in/intensity or not? Ch 6 would cringe at such high totals...

NAM is west but precip shield has shrunk

So has hrrr. Hardly anything noteworthy west of I95 now c-2" on that crap model. I dont like how this doesnt look like it is going to hit my benchmark down by Hatteras. It is about 50 miles too far east for my liking. Remember, get lp to 50 miles or less east of hatteras and SE PA does well. More than 50 miles east and much lower chance for the tug west and low totals SE PA. Nowcast time. I did glance quickly at recent models and what i dont like is that now it seems like we are relying on an expanding precip shield as the low starts to pull away. Thinking 1-3" for my area. Been conservative all year and had each system overperform so why switch it up now? :-D

I will gladly take a minor event as I generally held my expectations low and in-check. Obviously hoped/hoping for higher amounts but considering this was going to Bermuda a few days ago and Im off a.ready tomorrow, any accums are a win!

5 minutes ago, Plokoon111 said:

Sorry guys I'm hoping for a bust. Being younger yeah bring it; but its no fun driving to work in the snow and then dealing with it at work at 25 years of age. UNLESS, I'm off then bring it on!

Try being a big rig driver. It's one of the reasons that, unless a big dog is coming, I hate snow.

HM touched on this on twitter, but even though the Low Pressure is further west like it is on the NAM doesn't mean a more west precip shield. The further west LP actually has the ability to pull much more drier air down from the NW side, resulting in less of a western precip shield. I wouldn't sweat it though. Look at radar, obs, and SPC Meso page.

3 minutes ago, Stormman96 said:

So why do i kee hearing certIon people saying its developing further west the. Expected. An also steve D is saying radar is filling in west of dc which also wasn’t expected 

Not sure what you are seeing.  Precip has hit a wall at DC doorstep and all the way up 95 to BWI

i mean look at the sim radars and what is currently going on. it is snowing in places that shouldn't be snowing until 2 or 3 hours from now. obviously there will be a period of virga but as of now the current radar looks great. if it actually looked like the nam or HURRR i'd be worried, but the current radar looks good even if there is some virga to get through. the low is just beginning to bomb now...

Archived