• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal BOMB 2018

WeatherFeen2000

Some models are hinting at it but everything is still up in the air. We've been trending the storm westward but the precipitation has been getting kicked out east on some models. This is the time where you could really get a last trend before we clarify who' getting what. One thing is for sure this coastal storm looks to be a rapidy intensifying system going through bombogenesis dropping from around 1000 millibars to around 960 or so in 24 hours.

Post away :weenie:

I’ll reply with what I’m thinking right now. I think this comes West. But not to the point most would want. I like a track to 68/40. I think pressures on the euro are overdone at that latitude. We should see something along the lines of 970. I would really want to be east of river head for a big blow. Basically take the big snows from Boxing Day and move them 150 miles east. That puts the deform out over the twin forks. So you could have east Hampton with 1-2’ and eastern Nassau western Suffolk in the 3-6” range with the fringe. Further west there should be some light snow into the city with a couple of inches. This comes in before the real dynamics start. So the snow shuts off west of say the queens line as things just start getting going out in eastern Suffolk. So it could be cloudy and windy at KNYC and dumping 3” an hour in the hamptons.

My reasoning for my thoughts. 

Based on past behavior of Miller A bombs. Using 2/99 as an anolog.

From modeling. Using the last minute seasonal west trends.

I will take a gander. I expect this storm is this storm to be within a stones throw of benchmark (though just outside) . I'm expecting at least a partial if not full phase somewhere within the vicinity of new Northern Mid-Atlantic or Southern New England. I am all in on this storm being significant throughout the Northeast, and northern mid Atlantic, and I believe this is a POTENTIALLY historic storm.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived