Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 4th Coastal

showmethesnow

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Believe me so do I, but having the SREFs lead the charge to get me something shovelable isn’t encouraging. 

Overall you can’t say the trends aren’t encouraging, but I still have my foot on the brake. It’s still a goofy setup with a lot of moving pieces.

Certainly the rug could be pulled out at any moment. But a lot of mets are continuing to hint that it's going to come even farther west and it seems like a lot of the models are continuing to trend west, especially some of the shorter-range ones.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I wish the euro ran every 6 instead of the GFS. GFS is going to go down with the east ship (right or wrong). 

And for those warning about the nam and srefs....if you don't know they are the lowest rung of guidance then you shouldn't be playing the game. 

I think a lot of us are on that ship.  But this is still fun  we will know soon enough.  There will be model hallucinations no doubt on Wed night.

4 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

This is the 18z run of the RGEM. It's tracking straight OTS in the last few panels. 

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_54.png

No. Look at the precip panel. Go to hour 48 (link below) and then forward through the end. The precip field heads riggt for us. It's freakin' beautiful! 

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=rgem&region=us&pkg=mslp_pcpn&runtime=2018010118&fh=48&xpos=0&ypos=391

Just now, Wonderdog said:

Are you basing that on the NS being further south on this run? Trying to learn.

Not bashing anything.  Just making an observation that at 500mb, the trough appears slightly west and more of a "clean" phase/combination/whatever you want to call it.  The surface reflection isn't stellar though and we all miss the storm locally.  This is not what you want to see at 60ish hours from the start of an event.  The lack of reliable global models moving towards snow as we close gives me the impression that it's going to be a very painful "close but no cigar" storm for anyone west of the Bay.  I hope I'm wrong and this pulls a Jan 25, 2000.

The two most reliable models don't like this storm for us. Not a good sign. I get that the euro had a little light snow and trended west, but until the gfs and/or euro support this event for us, we're setting ourselves up for a major disappointment if we buy into some of the other models. 

1 minute ago, Negnao said:

The two most reliable models don't like this storm for us. Not a good sign. I get that the euro had a little light snow and trended west, but until the gfs and/or euro support this event for us, we're setting ourselves up for a major disappointment if we buy into some of the other models. 

GFS is reliable? Lol

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Not bashing anything.  Just making an observation that at 500mb, the trough appears slightly west and more of a "clean" phase/combination/whatever you want to call it.  The surface reflection isn't stellar though and we all miss the storm locally.  This is not what you want to see at 60ish hours from the start of an event.  The lack of reliable global models moving towards snow as we close gives me the impression that it's going to be a very painful "close but no cigar" storm for anyone west of the Bay.  I hope I'm wrong and this pulls a Jan 25, 2000.

I didn't say "bashing"; I said basing. lol

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic

Archived