Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 4th Coastal

showmethesnow

3 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

Early on but seems like 18z Nam isn't as good as 12z at h5. Thoughts? 

The nam is better at what happens after a storm is formed and even then I don't trust it...ever. Stick with the globals until under 48 hours and it makes the hunt MUCH easier on the nerves. 

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Meso seem to be the most bullish. Could be an artifact of overdoing things because meso's aren't d3+ models. Or they could be seeing something. My money is on them grossly overdoing it. I expect to get nam'd at least once over the next 24 hours. 

Even if it's fools gold, wouldn't it feel good to get nam'd big time? It's been so long since we felt that. 

23 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Use it at will pal.  Whatever it takes to snow.

Glad to see you “back”....although we all know you never really left. B)

Saw your post regarding liking where we are headed beyond and yeah looks like a fun period coming up no matter the results. 

I still think anything good in my yard is a huge longshot. Now that I've made the decision to head to the eastern shore I've become much more interested. My mom's place is waterfront on the choptank river. If the river in front of her house is partially frozen AND there's wind whipped 3-6" of snow I'm going to have a really good time. She knows how bad I am with snow storms. Been that way since I learned to walk I think. lol

Just now, Negnao said:

Even if it's fools gold, wouldn't it feel good to get nam'd big time? It's been so long since we felt that. 

A weenie's dream is to have a storm trend in your favor up until game time. We have been let down time and time again over the last 2 years outside of the Jan 2016 storm. It's about time we get one! 

1 minute ago, MD Snow said:

A weenie's dream is to have a storm trend in your favor up until game time. We have been let down time and time again over the last 2 years outside of the Jan 2016 storm. It's about time we get one! 

it's really not uncanny.  happens all year around, we just don't really pay attention to it as much in the spring lol.

1 minute ago, knglover said:

Before we go any further, lets give credit to @Cobalt!  Guy was relentless on his optimism for this thing coming back to us.  Even if none of us get even mood flakes he, and I guess to a lesser extent @mitchnick kept CPR going on this system when most had already tied a toetag on it.  thanks guys!

And to that extent, Ralph Wiggum also kept my hopes up with his great analysis. Very rare to get big winter storms to trend West, and even if this one isn't a big hit for the DC/Baltimore metros, it's been a fun one to track. 

This will be one of those big winter storms to trend west, which is rare. But happening. I do expect a few more shifts west in the euro and nam until around 24-48 hours out, then the forecast will be set in stone.

Remember to throw ice cubes down the toilet to keep the trend west. :P 

3 minutes ago, knglover said:

Before we go any further, lets give credit to @Cobalt!  Guy was relentless on his optimism for this thing coming back to us.  Even if none of us get even mood flakes he, and I guess to a lesser extent @mitchnick kept CPR going on this system when most had already tied a toetag on it.  thanks guys!

Meh....the Ravens spiked the football too yesterday with 6 minutes to go and we know how that ended. We could still fail even though the trend is favorable.  Keep that in mind.

6 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

And to that extent, Ralph Wiggum also kept my hopes up with his great analysis. Very rare to get big winter storms to trend West, and even if this one isn't a big hit for the DC/Baltimore metros, it's been a fun one to track. 

2 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Meh....the Ravens spiked the football too yesterday with 6 minutes to go and we know how that ended. We could still fail even though the trend is favorable.  Keep that in mind.

Yes I forgot about @Ralph Wiggum too.  Mitch, I am saying regardless of outcome you guys made it fun without being overtly weenie-ish.

9 minutes ago, knglover said:

Wait, the storm happened already? 

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic

Archived