Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 4th Coastal

showmethesnow

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

So based off the 12z runs, Euro is like an inch just east of I95, UKIE is about 2 to 4 east of I95 near the Bay, and CMC is 2 to 3 I95 corridor and more east...

That sound about right?

Nope. You left out the 5 Kuchera inches from the Gem that falls imby. Lol

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Much of the eastern shore is .4+ qpf. Jackpot in the va portion of delmarva. Cambridge looks to be .45. I would guess 6"+ if the mid level winds dont destroy the pretty dendrites. 

Cape only needs to road trip to the end of his driveway. 

Ha I really wanted to take a trip this week anyway, but if I am gonna end up with more snow in my yard then I might just have to hang around. Nice thing is no decisions need to be made until the last minute. 

Even though the track moved, it's still pretty far east and without a phase west of the bay still struggles. The shield is unusually far west of the low as it is. Especially without stream interaction.  This isn't one of those cases where the low center shifts and the shield moves lock step. 

10 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

At hour 66 the euro is almost 150+ miles west of 00z.  If the precip shield would have bumped just as far there would be flakes at HGR.  Pretty dramatic for the euro shift that much in short range. 

Euro must have read my post from yesterday.

20 hours ago, Amped said:

Reminder: Offshore areas average a lot more precipitation than 75 miles inland.  There's a meteorological reason for that.

If you live on land, you need a LLJ to transport moisture inland,  if you're a fish, you don't.

This is why getting precip to trend 75miles inland will be a lot harder than getting it to skim the coast.  

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Even though the track moved, it's still pretty far east and without a phase west of the bay still struggles. The shield is unusually far west of the low as it is. Especially without stream interaction.  This isn't one of those cases where the low center shifts and the shield moves lock step. 

i don't like that we're not seeing much in the way of upper level energy involved on our side, so unless my analysis is off then i feel like we're relying almost entirely on the surface low which seems like a tall task.

3 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

We basically need the next few runs of the Euro to jump west the same amount we just saw from 0z to 12z.

Yes, although really just one would do the trick.  If you look back at the precip maps from 12z on 12/30 the back edge of the precip has moved west about 100 miles.  Of course larger changes are easier to come by at 144 than at 72 but we only need about one third or one half of that to score.  

1 minute ago, 87storms said:

i don't like that we're not seeing much in the way of upper level energy involved on our side, so unless my analysis is off then i feel like we're relying almost entirely on the surface low which seems like a tall task.

The good thing is all models are getting precip to i95 now except the gfs. One thing the gfs is always stingy with is precip to the w or nw of coastals. I suppose it's safe to say that the odds currently favor precip getting west of the bay now. Which in itself is something I didn't think would happen. Max potential along i95 is probably around .2 and that's a stretch but within the realm. We need to get into some runs that push the trace line to FDK.....or HGR

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

The good thing is all models are getting precip to i95 now except the gfs. One thing the gfs is always stingy with is precip to the w or nw of coastals. I suppose it's safe to say that the odds currently favor precip getting west of the bay now. Which in itself is something I didn't think would happen. Max potential along i95 is probably around .2 and that's a stretch but within the realm. We need to get into some runs that push the trace line to FDK.....or HGR

Bob, did the NS kick the storm out again?

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic

Archived