Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4th Coastal

showmethesnow

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

It's never really looked good since the euro close off run. It's sucked me back in enough to be planning a trip to Cambridge thurs. 

If the 95 corridor backs in to an event I'll be shocked. Pleasantly shocked of course but shocked nonetheless.

You better leave Wed. (just in case) :)

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Ukie not as bad as some thought. I would expect a little more qpf after 72 hours too. Need to wait for other maps to confirm that however. 

P1_GZ_D5_PN_072_0000.gif

Its entirely possible its going to go due east after 72.  I'm not sure.  The UKMET hung on more to the double barrelled idea at 12Z than most other guidance did which I felt was trying to pull away from that idea

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It's never really looked good since the euro close off run. It's sucked me back in enough to be planning a trip to Cambridge thurs. 

If the 95 corridor backs in to an event I'll be shocked. Pleasantly shocked of course but shocked nonetheless.

With the GGEM and Ukie onboard for at least a light event along I95 and the NAM 500mb look within it's not-totally-crazy range, I'm less so far out then I was before.  If the Euro keeps that measurable precip line west of me and backs it up a bit more, I might be mildly interested.  I think there's no virtually no way we get a WSW level storm out of this, but maybe we can get something measurable I suppose.  I'm still skeptical and even if this does happen, there's going to be a brutal gradient across the sub-forum.  Best to keep expectations low unless you live near the beaches.  

11 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Ukie not as bad as some thought. I would expect a little more qpf after 72 hours too. Need to wait for other maps to confirm that however. 

P1_GZ_D5_PN_072_0000.gif

Meteogram through hour 72 at DCA has 3 or 4mm of snow... 2m temps of -5C and 850 temp of -9

Fwiw it's about .15" QPF for DCA 

2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Its entirely possible its going to go due east after 72.  I'm not sure.  The UKMET hung on more to the double barrelled idea at 12Z than most other guidance did which I felt was trying to pull away from that idea

I look at this a little differently.  According to the screen on my phone, I'm only a 1/16" to an 1/8" away from a big deal. That's doable using my criteria. 

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

Ukie does screw NE for the most part. It's strange how it has crept north fron NC the inland precip and then hanhs a hard right at our latitude.  If that creep can continue,  it would give a moderate event around I95. Hopefully, the Euro will.

It's a weird distribution but the storm track is well off the coast and east of the benchmark. Seems like models are converging on the idea that the NS low screws up the dynamics on the western side up north of us. Euro definitely showed that last night. Our area (especially east) may be able to take advantage of the broad shield before it interacts with the ns shortwave/low traversing the NE. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

It's a weird distribution but the storm track is well off the coast and east of the benchmark. Seems like models are converging on the idea that the NS low screws up the dynamics on the western side up north of us. Euro definitely showed that last night. Our area (especially east) may be able to take advantage of the broad shield before it interacts with the ns shortwave/low traversing the NE. 

Right...what I said! Lol

29 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

P1_GZ_D5_PN_072_0000.gif

25 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

It did which is why the initial slp map was deceiving. Not sure the trend is away. The ggem had that too. If it's not double barreled we're in trouble unless the real low ends up being the one tucked in. I doubt that given where the initial low starts. 

6 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It did which is why the initial slp map was deceiving. Not sure the trend is away. The ggem had that too. If it's not double barreled we're in trouble unless the real low ends up being the one tucked in. I doubt that given where the initial low starts. 

It did drop a little more after 72, but not what we're hoping for. 

ukmet_6hr_precip_ne_78.png

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic

Archived