Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Not bad all things considered. I haven't seen a good downpour in a while but got one tonight. It looked like the lines of precip were pretty stout down there. 

We have been in down pour mode most of the day!! My large, heavy duty wheel barrel is over half filled with rain just from today!! My yard looks like a big ass SWAMP!!

1 minute ago, ATreglown said:

We had 8"of snow melt with about 1.5" of rain today. My yard is swamp city!!

Ready for the next artic freeze! So much better than slop being tract  into my house and having to wipe off wet paws from my beloved pup. He looks humiliated while doing so! So ready to go back into the deep freeze!! It is winter after all! Those that want warm, can go flock to Florida for the winter with the rest of the "I don't like snow and cold" people!!

This arctic front is being hyped. Temps will not fall below freezing until Sunday morning. The mixed precip overnight is also being hyped. The back edge of the precip is fast approaching and midlevel drying is already occurring. Rain should end by 3am. Temps will gradually fall thru the 40s and upper 30s, with highs tomorrow about 40. The Allegheny Front will have the usual upslope snows. Otherwise, cooler overnight with rain ending and breezy.

Damn I should have been a meteorologist.

NWS better scramble like hell to try and keep up!

North winds are gusting to about 30-35mph. Temp is 40 degrees, some light drizzle. It will still take most of the day today (Saturday) to fall below freezing, by which time the moisture should be well northeast. This weather still feels somewhat moderate compared to the coolish readings we experienced a few days ago when  we had the deep Arctic airmass.

• H2O unpinned this topic
  • H2O pinned this topic

Archived