Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, yoda said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see a few STWs Tuesday morning or even a TW looking at the 00z NAM soundings across the area 

All in. Could be an interesting week. Tstorms Tuesday and heavy rain flipping to heavy snow Sunday. Beats the heck out of single digits and dry for weeks. 

Walked to dog tonight with no jacket too. Jan thaws aren't all bad. 

50 minutes ago, yoda said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see a few STWs Tuesday morning or even a TW looking at the 00z NAM soundings across the area 

agree with this.    strong deep-layer shear profile in place (limited low-level shear) with some heating ahead of a possible narrow midday squall line

3 minutes ago, mattie g said:

But in this time of desperately dry conditions, we'll take anything we can get.

Can we at least get some good wind to go along with all the dry? I saw gusts of 38 in my forecast the other day for tonight and tomorrow, now its just lame azz gusts to 25 tomorrow.

12 hours ago, RDM said:

Welcome - what did you shoot the sunset at?  1.4f and about 1/8th second?  Or slower?   With the good crisp despth, assume you have some pretty good gear. 

F/5 at 1/80 sec. ISO 400. I actually used a cheaper lens, Tamron 18-200mm. It was set at 19mm. There was no wind so it made for a great reflection on the wet mud/low water area. 

7 minutes ago, usedtobe said:

At 11AM the LWX radar isn't very inspiring. 

Yeah, we're getting the worst of everything.    The initial band died off and probably killed convergence with the front and eliminated the tiny amount of instability that we had (at least on the north side of town).   Time is running out now.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived