Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we will use this thread for tomorrows possible flizzard. Really no point in starting a thread for a few possible snow showers after it is 60 degrees today. The 12Z NAM has a couple of hours of snow for tomorrow morning west of town though. 

3K has the snow for tomorrow morning as well. It will probably end up the biggest event of the year so far out here. :)

59 degrees.

NWS certainly isnt loving the chances of an inch:

snowProbGE01.png

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I guess we will use this thread for tomorrows possible flizzard. Really no point in starting a thread for a few possible snow showers after it is 60 degrees today. The 12Z NAM has a couple of hours of snow for tomorrow morning west of town though. 

3K has the snow for tomorrow morning as well. It will probably end up the biggest event of the year so far out here. :)

59 degrees.

NWS certainly isnt loving the chances of an inch:

snowProbGE01.png

I'm clinging to my 26% like it's Popeyes fried chicken

18 minutes ago, nj2va said:

At least the mild weather/rain is getting out in time for the 3-day weekend for the ski resorts in the mountains.  Not ideal conditions given the rain/sleet/ice that'll fall prior to the snow/cold but better than 50 and rain.  

My wife and I and our friends were at Snowshoe for President's Day Weekend (:yikes:) back in like 2007 or so, and we were at probably 48 with drizzle for about 24-36 hours. It was bad, but it made the tubing runs pretty slick.

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

My wife and I and our friends were at Snowshoe for President's Day Weekend (:yikes:) back in like 2007 or so, and we were at probably 48 with drizzle for about 24-36 hours. It was bad, but it made the tubing runs pretty slick.

Yeah that’s like the worst skiing conditions even for the Mid Atl which isn’t known for great ski conditions. That’s the kind of weather that calls for day drinking playing pool/darts or a good tube run like you did. 

Impressive dewpoint of 66F at IAD right now with a temperature of 68F at 12:30pm.

Interestingly today's record max temp and warm min temp of 70F and 49F respectively at IAD were both set just last year. The warm min record will easily be broken. As for the record high... it may at least try to be tied.

3 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

One day nearly wiped out the anomaly of the 2 coldest days of our epic cold wave.  LOL.  

Last year on this date we set the record for the warmest high temp on 1/12 at 70, and the record for the highest low temp for the date at 45.  Today looks to shatter both of those records.

We have a shot at a daily mean departure greater than +30.  The last time a +30 day happened was December 24, 2015.  On December 22, 2013 we were +32.  We might have a shot to surpass that.

24 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Last year on this date we set the record for the warmest high temp on 1/12 at 70, and the record for the highest low temp for the date at 45.  Today looks to shatter both of those records.

We have a shot at a daily mean departure greater than +30.  The last time a +30 day happened was December 24, 2015.  On December 22, 2013 we were +32.  We might have a shot to surpass that.

Incredible.

SXUS71 KLWX 121828 RRA
RERIAD

RECORD EVENT REPORT 
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC 
128 PM EST FRI JAN 12 2018

...RECORD DAILY HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT WASHINGTON DULLES 
INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT...

SO FAR THIS AFTERNOON...THE HIGH TEMPERATURE AT WASHINGTON DULLES 
INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT HAS REACHED 70 DEGREES. THIS TIES THE RECORD 
PREVIOUSLY SET IN 2017.

TEMPERATURE RECORDS AT WASHINGTON DULLES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT BEGAN 
IN 1960.

ALL CLIMATE DATA ARE CONSIDERED PRELIMINARY UNTIL REVIEWED BY THE 
NATIONAL CENTERS FOR ENVIRONMENTAL INFORMATION (NCEI).

$$

DHOF

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

DC areas truly is the armpit for sensible weather.  All we jackpot on is warm and wind.

What's wrong with jackpotting on wind? I'm a huge wind weenie. I wish we could get tropical storm sustained wind and hurricane gusts around here more often... And call me new age but I love how DC's climate is becoming more like Richmond than Philly... 

2 hours ago, nj2va said:

Yeah that’s like the worst skiing conditions even for the Mid Atl which isn’t known for great ski conditions. That’s the kind of weather that calls for day drinking playing pool/darts or a good tube run like you did. 

Well...we did day drink. It was just that we cracked and pounded beers on the lifts after each run! :lol:

Just now, frostbite_falls said:

Hi--can anyone give some insight on fog conditions from Baltimore south past DC?  I have a daughter planning to head back to college this evening and wondering if a trip delay is advised.  Of course tomorrow AM may be problematic too.

Thanks!

It's just fog, you'll be fine.  No need to worry.

45 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

Love it! Can this please be our winter average Dec - Feb??? That's all I want lol

I assume a move to warmer clime is in your future?  if that's all you want there is plenty of opportunity for that straight down I-95.  keep going until you see palm trees

• H2O unpinned this topic
  • H2O pinned this topic

Archived