January Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Never has 49 degrees felt so balmy

Agree. 

Surprised to come home to full snow coverage still and complete sleet/ice coverage on the driveway and walk to the front door. High was 46.1°F and temps are quickly down to 32°F here at 6:30pm. The high at 10m was 48°F and the 2m high was my 46°F.  I’m guessing the 2” high never got out of the 30’s as there was a cool ground fog when I got home that was only around 12” deep.

There’s the staying power of permafrost for you...

Temp here in Clarksburg is back down to  36°F after a high of 39.8°F and a low of 23.6°F this morning. The warmup certainly has been muted under the inversion. Should be an interesting change tomorrow as the inversion erodes and the rain moves in. 

Ground is still completely frozen with most snowcover still there after highs of 46 and 39 the last two days. 

Here’s the back yard at 9pm this evening:

589749C1-5BFB-496E-B1E9-EB10EBA4607A.thumb.jpeg.8e65212a88c791f9aab9479606962d8e.jpeg

42 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Something seems to be screwed up with the BWI temps today.  Obs show a 6-HR high of 75, but with the following hourlies:

09:54 a.m.- 49

10:54 a.m.- 57

11:54 a.m.- 49

12:54 p.m.- 55

01:54 p.m.- 61

http://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KBWI.html

Techs en route to fix temp sensor.

2 hours ago, Jebman said:

You gotta be F****n' kiddin' me!

Its 60 degrees..........................with a 59 degree dewpoint!

It feels like early June outside!

Get this summer crap OUTTA here! Its January, not late May or early June!

F***!

I want my 9 degree weather back, with a -8 dewpoint! NOW!

Agree.  The back yard has melted and the dogs paws need cleaned every time they shat.  Tragic.  

24 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Goodbye salt and brine!

I have a monthly car wash membership and finally got my car washed yesterday after work. I couldn't take all the salt just sitting on my car. It was closed for 4 days from the damn cold and there was no reason to do it otherwise with all the salt and brine out there. My car looked great for 12 hours. I'll get another one once this crap is out of here unless they throw 4" of brine on the roads for the 1 min of sleet we may get on Saturday morning. 

45 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Glorious walk from the train to work this morning. No jacket and and umbrella was all I needed.

38 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Not going to lie. Wearing shorts into work tonight was pretty nice. Sitting at 60F at the office and around 57F at home. Straight heat wave after last few weeks. 

37 minutes ago, mappy said:

loving the rain and warmth. kiddo was so happy she didn't have to wear her heavy coat today. 

36 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

I have to admit, this is nice to have for ONE DAY, mid winter with no snow to melt. This is as acceptable a 70 degree day can get in mid winter. 

All your traitorous names have been noted for the record.

• H2O unpinned this topic
  • H2O pinned this topic

Archived