• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

George BM

January Banter String

22 minutes ago, H2O said:

I can't understand why anyone does that.  I'm nice.  I let people post whatever they want.  i'm non-controversial.  Its really puzzling

It's a head scratcher for sure. :D

5 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

If you mean to been going down for a few minutes occasionally, then I’ve definitely noticed that as well.

Thought that was just my school's sh#tty wifi, but I guess I was wrong

7 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

If you mean to been going down for a few minutes occasionally, then I’ve definitely noticed that as well.

moisture starved snowgeese.....

1 hour ago, NattyBo said:

Longtime lurker, rare poster, but man, being back in the office today combined with reading/following us missing another storm has me about ready to go take a long walk off a short pier.  Guess I'd better just stick to the panic room. 

I'm here for you if you ever decide to take that long walk. 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'm here for you if you ever decide to take that long walk. 

giphy.gif

Currently, it's work/being in the office making me want to take said walk, but if we keep whiffing on the white stuff I'm going to take you up on that...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mappy said:

hey @H2O seems your decision to do storm mode is not well liked. you should dump it and let the weenies run wild. 

good call

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What is ironic is that the storm thread was actually flowing ok after storm mode was lifted, of course some banter and non "professional" talk was in it...then tweedle dee and tweedle slackass thought it would be cool to play around and post silly banter in it. Now we have a bunch of school kids who's brains are made of...skip that part, they don't have brains yet...following suit like they got a hall pass.

And for the record, this is just my opinion nobody else may feel this way, you can dispute it and call me mean and all that kind of stuffs...still my opinion. Still love you guys...that's why I posted this in banter. :) 

I fully expect to have one less FB friend and for my Lat Long coordinates to completely disappear now. :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

What is ironic is that the storm thread was actually flowing ok after storm mode was lifted, of course some banter and non "professional" talk was in it...then tweedle dee and tweedle slackass thought it would be cool to play around and post silly banter in it. Now we have a bunch of school kids who's brains are made of...skip that part, they don't have brains yet...following suit like they got a hall pass.

And for the record, this is just my opinion nobody else may feel this way, you can dispute it and call me mean and all that kind of stuffs...still my opinion. Still love you guys...that's why I posted this in banter. :) 

I fully expect to have one less FB friend and for my Lat Long coordinates to completely disappear now. :(

someone else has your lat long? i know you weren't talking about me. 

• Haha 1

Just now, mappy said:

welcome! hope your first day back at school went well. 

It went great! Lack of sleep sucked, but that's my fault for messing up my sleep schedule during Winter Break. 

Just now, Cobalt said:

It went great! Lack of sleep sucked, but that's my fault for messing up my sleep schedule during Winter Break. 

I hear ya. Getting up and going to work today was rough. 

19 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Chaos! 

giphy.gif

We need a good two week torch of 70+ to get rid of the weenie superbloom. 

whenever people are ready for sanity, let us know. 

7 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

WeathermanB is probably my age, but he's completely wishcasting. 

Its just frustrating because some of us have been here a very long time.  This board started in Nov2010 I believe, but its predecessor (EasternWX) goes back even further.  Back in the day, people would get ridiculed for posting pointless stuff.  Thats why I only post when its slow or in the banter threads OR even in Obs threads during a storm. 

Now everyone is too friendly.  I wish a legacy poster would call people out again. 

• Like 3

Just now, mappy said:

whenever people are ready for sanity, let us know. 

@WxWatcher007 might get me yet. And it won't be because of giving up on winter and tracking. It will because I give up posting all together. Who the he!! wants to slog through that cesspool of weenie postings.

15 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I’m here to please you and you alone because I care. That’s what this board is all about.  Caring. And caring is sharing. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, supernovasky said:

There is still snow on my grass. I’m loving this brutal cold. I might take a drive out to some streams and lakes to see how they look.

Just crossed the Potomac on the VRE, and was surprised to see it iced over all the way across. Pretty impressive.

• Like 1