Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, mappy said:

my husband had that happened, two debit cards and a credit card. the credit card was an online try that failed, the two debit cards were in person purchases at a gas station in nevada and a grocery store in florida. Good times. 

Hope you didn't have to jump through hoops on that. 10-15 minutes on the phone on my end and we had it squared away with them telling us to give a call if we saw any more pop up.

10 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Hope you didn't have to jump through hoops on that. 10-15 minutes on the phone on my end and we had it squared away with them telling us to give a call if we saw any more pop up.

bank handled it quickly. the first time was pretty bad as we had to completely shut down our account and open a new one, so everything was transferred. out of precaution. the second time they canceled the card and issued a new one. 

1 minute ago, WVclimo said:

I dread business trips that require me to leave the area during winter.  But I have to fly to Nashville early on 1/28, returning late on 1/30.  If we finally get an area-wide WSW event during one of those days.. you're welcome. :axe:

I appreciate your sacrifice to save our winter :lol:

1 hour ago, WVclimo said:

I dread business trips that require me to leave the area during winter.  But I have to fly to Nashville early on 1/28, returning late on 1/30.  If we finally get an area-wide WSW event during one of those days.. you're welcome. :axe:

I’m gone that whole week also.

1 hour ago, WVclimo said:

Probably have a better chance of seeing snow in Nashville than you do here.

Just so you know, ICON has been generally overdoing wind speeds by 10-15 per cent in Europe all winter. Otherwise it seems fairly competitive with other meso-scale 1-4 day models (there). Will be interesting to see if ICON does the same over here.

With regards to Jan 28-31, that time frame will present a split up repeat of the Jan 2-3 energy peak. The twin peaks are separated by enough time (3.5 days) that I expect two separate lows to develop. The usual sequence is that the first one is warmish and the second one is a trailing low that might promise more snow for your region. 

These should reboot the winter machine if it goes dormant. 

1 minute ago, Roger Smith said:

Just so you know, ICON has been generally overdoing wind speeds by 10-15 per cent in Europe all winter. Otherwise it seems fairly competitive with other meso-scale 1-4 day models (there). Will be interesting to see if ICON does the same over here.

With regards to Jan 28-31, that time frame will present a split up repeat of the Jan 2-3 energy peak. The twin peaks are separated by enough time (3.5 days) that I expect two separate lows to develop. The usual sequence is that the first one is warmish and the second one is a trailing low that might promise more snow for your region. 

These should reboot the winter machine if it goes dormant. 

Just great, that netted me partly cloudy and windy.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived