Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter String

George BM

27 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

When I was a teenager growing up in Steeler country, I fell in love with Earl Campbell.  Unfortunately for his Oilers, they kept losing to the dynasty in Pittsburgh in the playoffs year after year.  Being a fan of Houston and later the Titans has meant a lot of heartbreak, similar to being a Vikings fan (or an Eagles fan.). Never more so than being one yard away from winning their only Super Bowl appearance.

I will be pulling for them again Saturday night against Brady and Co., still waiting for that first taste of glory.

I loved loved loved Campbell. Brute force but also could break some ankles before knocking 5 people over on his way down the field. Bum Phillips was a trip too. One of the best power backs to play the game. Pass happy like it is now is fun to watch but the power back days was something else. Franco harris and of course John Riggins are another couple players that made power football fun to watch. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey mods...a crazy idea (and perhaps I may be the only one who wants it, lol): Could there be a Farmer's Almanac thread just for fun? To keep track of the hits and misses? (I've always been intrigued when it actually does hit...wondering how they do it! They hit the nail on the head with the below normal cold all the way down to Florida to start the year. Even said "frosts all the way down to Gulf Coast")

54 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Hey mods...a crazy idea (and perhaps I may be the only one who wants it, lol): Could there be a Farmer's Almanac thread just for fun? To keep track of the hits and misses? (I've always been intrigued when it actually does hit...wondering how they do it! They hit the nail on the head with the below normal cold all the way down to Florida to start the year. Even said "frosts all the way down to Gulf Coast")

there's worse ideas for threads.  i don't think it would be a bad idea since it probably wouldn't work in banter.  just create it.  worst case, it vanishes shortly thereafter. lol

21 minutes ago, Ltrain said:

This minor ice threat got me searching for any February 1994 ice coverage.  I still remember those 2 months of Jan - Feb 1994. 2 weeks off from school in February because of all the ice. Here is some Weather Channel footage from February 9th, 1994. 

Oh I remember that year.  We were the last class to graduate that year.  Since a State of Emergency was declared... Schools did not have to make up the days.  But good ole Carroll County made up  every snow day.  We were the last one's to make it to Ocean City.

Get a text and then a call from our credit card company yesterday. They flagged 5 purchases as possibly fraud over the last 3 days. Seems that my wife and myself have been traveling out west hitting gas stations; California, Arizona, Texas, and we didn't even know it. The credit card company felt that our card had probably been cloned. Hope they catch those SOB's and string them up. Unless of course if it is Sam and Dean, them I will let slide. 

8 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I don’t know how Georgia busted that coverage at the end. Unbelievable finish.

Carolina fan here so I hate Georgia (and the team that won last year *dry heave*)

Great game. Goodness it’s tough to beat Bama. They won this game with true freshmen across the offense...

yeah both teams put on a great show.  and like you said...true freshmen.  wow.  Bama kid is the real deal. Humble during post interview.  Kudos kid. 

11 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Get a text and then a call from our credit card company yesterday. They flagged 5 purchases as possibly fraud over the last 3 days. Seems that my wife and myself have been traveling out west hitting gas stations; California, Arizona, Texas, and we didn't even know it. The credit card company felt that our card had probably been cloned. Hope they catch those SOB's and string them up. Unless of course if it is Sam and Dean, them I will let slide. 

my husband had that happened, two debit cards and a credit card. the credit card was an online try that failed, the two debit cards were in person purchases at a gas station in nevada and a grocery store in florida. Good times. 

20 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

!!

How are you and the family?

Thank you for asking. Doing good. The youngest who rides is not liking this winter set up this year, she has not ridden since Dec. 15th and is getting stir crazy. We do not board where there is an indoor so frozen ground = no riding. Even with an indoor these brutal temps we had are not good on the lungs for both rider or pony/horse. 

I have been trying to not be on the computer as much as I think it does not help my headaches, of which I have had a lot of the past year. Attribute most of them to weather systems though as that is what usually triggers them. I did make a Blueberry lemon cake over the weekend. Figured that I would bring a bit of spring into the winter. :D

9 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Thank you for asking. Doing good. The youngest who rides is not liking this winter set up this year, she has not ridden since Dec. 15th and is getting stir crazy. We do not board where there is an indoor so frozen ground = no riding. Even with an indoor these brutal temps we had are not good on the lungs for both rider or pony/horse. 

I have been trying to not be on the computer as much as I think it does not help my headaches, of which I have had a lot of the past year. Attribute most of them to weather systems though as that is what usually triggers them. I did make a Blueberry lemon cake over the weekend. Figured that I would bring a bit of spring into the winter. :D

Good to see you posting.  Your name came up a few times over the holidays when there was baking to be done.

Last night I had a dream that we were all getting 8+ inches of snow from some storm and the storm was on a Friday. In the dream it was a couple days before but I remember seeing that Weather Channel graphic on the tv.  I also remember asking someone why cutters always lock in and never trend in our favor.  I also lost my car keys in the dream and was in a panic. I woke up glad that the lost keys was just a dream, but mad that I didn't get to see the snow actually happen. You can't even get snow in your dreams it seems. 

4 minutes ago, Ltrain said:

Last night I had a dream that we were all getting 8+ inches of snow from some storm and the storm was on a Friday. In the dream it was a couple days before but I remember seeing that Weather Channel graphic on the tv.  I also remember asking someone why cutters always lock in and never trend in our favor.  I also lost my car keys in the dream and was in a panic. I woke up glad that the lost keys was just a dream, but mad that I didn't get to see the snow actually happen. You can't even get snow in your dreams it seems. 

Sounds like you're snow starved. I had a similar dream in Dec 2015, only I woke up to feet of snow outside of my house. 

1 minute ago, H2O said:

I had a long drawn out post as to why I think the models have been acting the way they have wrt things over 5 days away but then I realized it sounded like Chuck wrote it.  

So I erased it.

This post is any better?

1 hour ago, H2O said:

I had a long drawn out post as to why I think the models have been acting the way they have wrt things over 5 days away but then I realized it sounded like Chuck wrote it.  

So I erased it.

This one in particular went the other way because something is at play here. I've seen this happen at least 50 times in the last 8 years, and it never happens the way it does now. It's obvious, but you just can't see it.

14 minutes ago, mattie g said:

This one in particular went the other way because something is at play here. I've seen this happen at least 50 times in the last 8 years, and it never happens the way it does now. It's obvious, but you just can't see it.

Thanks Chuck

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived