Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter String

George BM

1 minute ago, Mdecoy said:

Fair point, but DT has been going the whole "No storm" and "Pattern is not good for snow in the mid atlantic" and if you look at the whole whole writeup he still really downplays even coastal chances.

So really, I feel he is pretty much all in with the "no storm" idea. Even if this doesn't get back to I-95, if its hits coastal areas, it is STILL a mid atlantic snowstorm.

Well that is your interpretation. But don't make posts that are blatantly false. The pattern is not a great one for snow here- this is a very convoluted and touchy setup. It is hardly a slam dunk for even coastal areas of the MA. Look at the ensembles. 

To me the 60% chance sounds spot on, based on yesterday's 12z runs. Even now I would put it at 60-70% for the immediate coast.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I need another dusting to freshen up my last dusting. Most of it has sublimated.

What you need is a home made snow machine like one of our posters used to have (can't remember who it was). Always fun to see his 20 ft high pile of snow in the middle of all the brown grass around it.

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Haven't seen anything from Midlo this year.  Normally, with a cold stretch like this he'd been in snowmaker's heaven running 24/7.  Maybe he's tending to his setup?  If so, wonder how big the pile is?  Seem to recall a few years ago he made it last to July one year.  Think I may still have a bookmark someplace for a "snowmaker's forum" of sorts.  Now if I could only find it...  Temping to setup something in our front acre... 

LOL.  I knew that before this cold pattern relaxed that the eastern shore / beaches would get pasted once more while us westerners - once again - saw only cirrus clouds and howling NW winds.  You can't make this **** up.  Good riddance to this pattern next week.

From Dec 26 in the Dec Banter thread:

There was a discussion several nights ago (don't remember the poster) about snow storms not occurring in droughts.  He was met with a volley of ridicule; however, his underlying point was valid.  Persistence.  And, it is a real thing.  The region, as a whole, is below normal with precip the last couple months (and some parts - ahem! - are much, much drier).  Dry fits with the Nina base state climo.  I see no reason to expect anything else, even when/if some global OP or ENS shows another juiced up STJ.

Mercifully, the Seahawks (finally) ended my football-season-long misery, now I wait for a huge eastern ridge to put an end to this miserable Shenandoah Valley winter.  Though before that happens, I'm sure we'll get to watch coastal NC / VA tidewater / MD eastern shore get one more paste job while we out here enjoy cirrus clouds and the 30+ mph NW winds that proceed it.

Current U.S. Drought Monitor

6 minutes ago, birdsofprey02 said:

I added my first user to the ignore list today, really couldn't handle the posts in the Jan4th thread.  User signed up this morning and was off to the races...  nobody has called him/her out yet either.  Maybe its just me.

Delaware looks really good, did ya hear?

2 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

One day you might actually post something that makes a lick of sense. But I won't hold my breath waiting for it. :huh:

Just look at the US drought monitor. Nearly the entire conus away from the coast is in drought. Have we ever gone into spring/summer with such expansive dryness?

31 minutes ago, birdsofprey02 said:

I added my first user to the ignore list today, really couldn't handle the posts in the Jan4th thread.  User signed up this morning and was off to the races...  nobody has called him/her out yet either.  Maybe its just me.

He's clearly got stage 3 Snow Weenie syndrome

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived