Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

As for aftermarket CAIs, I am convinced they are a complete waste of money for performance gains

Check out the vararam. Its only one i know of with legit power gains after bolting it on.  It works more like forced air induction than it does a CAI. Vararam+tune is the fastest way to get 40-50hp on the spot and not even needing an extreme tune where your pushing the limit on components. 

I'm definitely putting a catch can on once I do the intake. I don't put many miles on my trucks so I'm not in a rush for the catch can but I'm definitely doing it. Simple easy mod that really helps long term performance. 

1 minute ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

Criticism noted

Not criticism of you. But just because some people get excited over fake weather hype designed to get viewers from media outlets doesn't make it true or a better source of legit forecasts. It just means they don't know any better and believe the lie. There is absolutely no way to defend what some of them do. They knew when they posted that garbage model yesterday that every other piece of objective guidance shows rain. Even all the ensembles. You can't even find any outlier runs with snow. It's so dead. And Pann knows that he sees the guidance we do and yet he posts one garbage crap model and tells people it's gonna snow. Now he is doing it again. Showing outdated guidance when most data supports rain att. Might change but come on...he is hyping to get attention. It's not a legitimate forecast. It's designed to get ratings not be accurate. 

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Not criticism of you. But just because some people get excited over fake weather hype designed to get viewers from media outlets doesn't make it true or a better source of legit forecasts. It just means they don't know any better and believe the lie. There is absolutely no way to defend what some of them do. They knew when they posted that garbage model yesterday that every other piece of objective guidance shows rain. Even all the ensembles. You can't even find any outlier runs with snow. It's so dead. And Pann knows that he sees the guidance we do and yet he posts one garbage crap model and tells people it's gonna snow. Now he is doing it again. Showing outdated guidance when most data supports rain att. Might change but come on...he is hyping to get attention. It's not a legitimate forecast. It's designed to get ratings not be accurate. 

Pann is awful. Is Justin Burke still around? He is terrible too.

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I see what you're saying.  I was coming from the side of the audience.  Washingtonians get excited for snow even when they say they don't.

We need one of those storms that at 72 hours-ish lead time the NAM does it's thing and NAMs us. Then the GFS comes in with a decent hit and eyebrows start to get raised. Then the Euro comes in with a big shift towards a hit. The regulars here start saying this is interesting. Then next suite the NAM holds, the GFS is a bigger hit than prior run, and the Euro says game-on. Posters that we rarely see come out of the woodwork. Warning criteria totals+ start getting tossed around. Then the trend locks in and we all get a 'surprise' hit. We need one of those in the next 3 weeks. It feels like it's been a while.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Pann is awful. Is Justin Burke still around? He is terrible too.

Pann is awful, and doesn't handle being critiqued very well.

Burke is busy biking across MD for charities, selling #FaithInTheFlakes shirts and snow rulers these days. Can't seem to land a job anywhere... hmmm. 

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

We need one of those storms that at 72 hours-ish lead time the NAM does it's thing and NAMs us. Then the GFS comes in with a decent hit and eyebrows start to get raised. Then the Euro comes in with a big shift towards a hit. The regulars here start saying this is interesting. Then next suite the NAM holds, the GFS is a bigger hit than prior run, and the Euro says game-on. Posters that we rarely see come out of the woodwork. Warning criteria totals+ start getting tossed around. Then the trend locks in and we all get a 'surprise' hit. We need one of those in the next 3 weeks. It feels like it's been a while.

There's a better chance that that all happens except we still get nothing in the end.

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

Pann is awful, and doesn't handle being critiqued very well.

Burke is busy biking across MD for charities, selling #FaithInTheFlakes shirts and snow rulers these days. Can't seem to land a job anywhere... hmmm. 

I'm still blocked by him on Twitter because I pointed out how awful his call was on the January '16 blizzard. He kept minimizing and underselling the forecast, even as it was unfolding.

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

I'm still blocked by him on Twitter because I pointed out how awful his call was on the January '16 blizzard. He kept minimizing and underselling the forecast, even as it was unfolding.

Thought of you when I wrote that! :) 

There's a better chance that that all happens except we still get nothing in the end.
This year, yes I agree. Just saying this subforum needs one of those. One of those events nobody really saw coming.....one where we didnt spend 10 days tracking a car-topper......one of those SECS where we can refer to over the years that positive surprises still happen. Im not suggesting a Jan 25, 2000 redux by any means nor even a KU type. Just something that can pop-up short term or at least a warning criteria event that trends favorably in the short-term.

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

He should've been fired for busting that horribly.  The day it started he was forecasting a foot of snow for Carroll County and we wound up with close to 30".  

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived