Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

That's all I need to hear. If he doesn't want to join in the masochism we call tracking then I can't blame him. Heck, I compliment him.

definitely an active fail pattern setting up. Its a good thing we live right in the middle of the northern and southern streams

3 hours ago, gymengineer said:

I've been thinking about what's going on in the threads and why it's been contentious. I think it's related to this:

In the past, Matt (zwyts/deckpic), Ian, and even Wes (usedtobe) posted a lot more in the analyses threads. That's three more people providing tons of posts so the ratio of analysis posts to complaining posts was better. Now, with psuhoffman and Bob Chill writing the majority of the actual model posts--- without the inclusion of what used to be prodigious amounts of Matt/Ian/Wes posts-- the complaining posts make up a higher ratio. Yesterday, it was like one complaining post for every serious post. It's just not a good reading experience.

In my opinion, and this is just an opinion, if the two heaviest lifters doing the model analysis would prefer the main thread to run a certain way-- less whining infecting the threads---they should probably be listened to. It's not censorship or even group-think, in my opinion. It's just actually courtesy to the ones doing the most analysis. 

Great point. The complaints are less annoying when it's 20% not 80% of the posts. 

I really miss the additional opinions. Today was great when we had so many contributions. I don't consider myself some authority and I value dissenting opinions. Diversity is good. I try to back up my opinions with reason and logic and evidence but they are still just my opinions. I'm wrong a lot and I still want to learn and get better and you don't do that in an echo chamber. 

11 minutes ago, Ji said:

definitely an active fail pattern setting up. Its a good thing we live right in the middle of the northern and southern streams

When you think about it, this may be the best active fail period we've seen in recent times. Missing the one event over 2-3 weeks is pretty normal. Missing 6+ events in 2 weeks is impressive by anyone's standards. 

34 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

When you think about it, this may be the best active fail period we've seen in recent times. Missing the one event over 2-3 weeks is pretty normal. Missing 6+ events in 2 weeks is impressive by anyone's standards. 

My over under for the rest of winter is

Dca 6"

IAD 10"

BWI 11"

Ji 537 more complaints 

By the end of February i'm already tired of winter.. it's kinda annoying not being able to ride my bicycle every evening with 60 degree dewpoints and 80 degree evenings. If this potential snowstorm on the ncep gefs doesn't play out at all i'm already finished for this winter. 

Cri all you want Ji.

25 minutes ago, WeathermanB said:

By the end of February i'm already tired of winter.. it's kinda annoying not being able to ride my bicycle every evening with 60 degree dewpoints and 80 degree evenings. If this potential snowstorm on the ncep gefs doesn't play out at all i'm already finished for this winter. 

Cri all you want Ji.

Aren't you above climo?  Where in Delaware are you?  

13 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Aren't you above climo?  Where in Delaware are you?  

He is apparently in Dover. Probably about the same as my yard- 10" or so. So yeah probably about average or a little above heading into Feb. Immediate coast has the bigger totals, and those places are already above their cilmo.

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I thought about doing the Borla cat back on my 6.4L but in the end the sucker has 470 HP and 465 ft lbs of torque. Yeah it's pretty quiet and the aftermarket exhaust would sound cool, but if it doesn't add any real power, and it really doesn't, it ain't worth a grand. I did invest in a tuner, mainly to disable that horrid MDS. I want my HEMI running on all 8 cyl all the time. Hated that crap. Its awesome with that shiit turned off, and it gets like 2 mpg less lol. Such a dumb "feature", but I know why they did it.

I can shut off mds by using the gear selector and leaving it on 8. Same shift pattern as D but mds is disabled. I like mds on long highway trips but I can't stand it kicking in and out around town. Annoying AF. Lol

I'm doing my mods in slow progression. I have a bolt on stainless magnaflow that I'm putting on next warm day. I went with the 24" because i'm not trying to wake uop the dead. I just want the hemi to sound like a hemi and when I get in it I want to hear it. Lol. 

Then I'm getting rid of the factory y-pipe in the spring. The crushed section below the trans is dumb and too restrictive. There are tons of bolt on free flowing y pipes out there.

Then I'm either getting the vararam or Mopar intake. Not sure which. Prob the vararam. Lastly is the tuner. Diablo probably with a custom tune. I dont want anything crazy with timing but a half degree and improved throttle response will work. My truck has 3.92 gears so it gets up really strong. The mods I'm getting will only get up from 395hp stock to maybe 450 tops so your 6.4 still buries my 5.7.  I'm not a speed freak or anything. Quite the opposite in general but when I want to push it I want what the motor is supposed to do and not what the factory programs it to do. Lol. I did all my homework and when I'm done I should pull 0-60 in under 6 seconds and the quarter around 13 seconds or so.

I also picked up a bakflip folding hardcover. Really nice bed cover but damn them things ain't cheap. 

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

I can shut off mds by using the gear selector and leaving it on 8. Same shift pattern as D but mds is disabled. I like mds on long highway trips but I can't stand it kicking in and out around town. Annoying AF. Lol

I'm doing my mods in slow progression. I have a bolt on stainless magnaflow that I'm putting on next warm day. I went with the 24" because i'm not trying to wake uop the dead. I just want the hemi to sound like a hemi and when I get in it I want to hear it. Lol. 

Then I'm getting rid of the factory y-pipe in the spring. The crushed section below the trans is dumb and too restrictive. There are tons of bolt on free flowing y pipes out there.

Then I'm either getting the vararam or Mopar intake. Not sure which. Prob the vararam. Lastly is the tuner. Diablo probably with a custom tune. I dont want anything crazy with timing but a half degree and improved throttle response will work. My truck has 3.92 gears so it gets up really strong. The mods I'm getting will only get up from 395hp stock to maybe 450 tops so your 6.4 still buries my 5.7.  I'm not a speed freak or anything. Quite the opposite in general but when I want to push it I want what the motor is supposed to do and not what the factory programs it to do. Lol. I did all my homework and when I'm done I should pull 0-60 in under 6 seconds and the quarter around 13 seconds or so.

I also picked up a bakflip folding hardcover. Really nice bed cover but damn them things ain't cheap. 

Yeah I used to put it in manual shift mode to get around the mds, but that got tiring after a while. Esp when I would forget and take off from a light thinking it was gonna upshift(before 6500 RPM lol). Its easy enough to connect up to the tuner to the CANbus and enable it if I want to. Plus playing around with the throttle response, idle, and some other and stuff is fun. I have the Diablo inTune, a nice little tuner. My only "mods" are a K&N filter and an oil catch can- a must have for a HEMI. Lots of PCV oil gets sucked back into the intake, degrading performance. Pick one up from Billet if you havent already.  So my SRT is pretty much stock. I did get a few custom tunes from this dude named Johan who used to work for Diablo, but only so much that can be done with a stocker- mostly tweak timing, throttle sensitivity, and some torque management tweaks. I really dont run the custom tunes often. Shift points are much higher and harder, but I can get that, to a lesser degree, by putting it in Sport or Track mode with the stock tune. I have never run a 0-60 or quarter mile test, but stock its supposed to be around 13.2 s. Not bad for a 2.5 ton SUV.

As for aftermarket CAIs, I am convinced they are a complete waste of money for performance gains- it doesn't draw significantly colder, denser air into the intake unless its winter lol, nor does it produce any real increase in airflow- how can it on a naturally aspirated engine?(well maybe 5 HP or something at WOT, but probably not without an aftermarket cam). Many cases of dyno tests being done comparing stock intakes with filter, with filter completely removed, and aftermarket CAI, and the only notable gains(modest, like a few HP) were with no filter, which offers absolute minimal restriction to flow so it makes sense. They do add some sound though when you stomp on it, so there is that. I guess that makes it feel faster lol.

4 hours ago, mappy said:

he's been lurking. so i'm not sure why he has been ignoring everyone asking about him. but he's fine. he was sick and is okay. just over this winter like many others. 

I am sure he will be back. Sometimes after being sick you lose interest for awhile in stuff that doesn't matter so much. But he has "the disease" just like the rest of us. Look forward to his return.

I'm good with the trade. I knew it was coming. Cousins had some big weapons during his time here and threw really well but he wasn't good in the clutch and he wasn't good on 3rd and long more often than not. Smith has won in the playoffs and definitely had a good arm. He can improvise on the fly too.

Is what it is. As much as I thought cousins would take the team to the next level... it never happened. Time to try something new I guess. And go 7-9. Lol

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm good with the trade. I knew it was coming. Cousins had some big weapons during his time here and threw really well but he wasn't good in the clutch and he wasn't good on 3rd and long more often than not. Smith has won in the playoffs and definitely had a good arm. He can improvise on the fly too.

Is what it is. As much as I thought cousins would take the team to the next level... it never happened. Time to try something new I guess. And go 7-9. Lol

You've lost my respect with that. (sarcasm)

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived