Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter String

George BM

18 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Love it. Not a soul in America giving the Eagles a chance. Yep, we are a one-dimensional team...all offense oriented and without Wentz we dont stand a chance. We are underdogs for a reason...,we stink. Oh, sorry about your Capitals today too. See ya's on the weather side.

E-A-G-L-E-S

EAGLES!!!!!

While I'd hate the Eagles in every other instance, I'm rooting for y'all to win the Superbowl. No way can I stand the Patriots winning a 6th. Only time I'll ever say this (probably)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

btw, back in the December banter thread when I was chided by a few on here (you know who you are) for worrying about how bad the bge bill was gonna be when we went arctic cold and dry...well, it was bad. Holy crap.

I got a warning letter last week from BGE trying to brace me for the hit, and they said my electric usage was 40% higher last month compared to the same time as last year.  I was a little confused because I have oil heat and I couldn't think of anything that I had done decorations-wise that would make my electric bill higher.  Then I got the bill and it's actually comparable.  A little higher, but that could be a few extra strings of lights out front. I just remembered that I also left the timer on longer overnight this year than I have in past years, so there you go.

But my oil bill?  Oh, man!  :weep:

13 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

btw, back in the December banter thread when I was chided by a few on here (you know who you are) for worrying about how bad the bge bill was gonna be when we went arctic cold and dry...well, it was bad. Holy crap.

Yeah I was worried about that too... mainly with my oil.  I have already went through 125 gallons at 2.529 since December 28th.  Good thing I got a good locked in price for the season.

2 hours ago, H2O said:

This will easily go down as the least watched SB.  People are sick of NE and who the hell wants to root for Philly?  Not me.  Better be a crapton of Dilly Dilly commercials

1 hour ago, mappy said:

blah I can't root for either team. 

I do understand your feelings, even as an Eagles fan I really do, I have been there plenty of times when it was two teams I had no interest in.  BUT... your feelings aside this sentiment is a bit overdone because this forum in an area that naturally has no interest.  The Ravens are rivals of the Patriots and the Redskins are rivals of the Eagles.  But the Eagles and Patriots have 2 of the largest fan followings in the league, large markets, and most will end up watching just because of the pop culture event it has become.  The league will be fine. 

The league does has a small problem due to the culture war going on and some of the negative feelings that were then projected onto the NFL when Trump decided to blow that issue up for whatever reason.  I do think that, on top of over proliferation of product (games almost every day now), stupid rules (anyone know what a catch is), the concussion thing, and just the fact we have so many options for entertainment now, had reduced the NFL's stature and power somewhat in the last few years but none of that has to do with the matchup in this game.  Just my humble opinion. 

ETA:  I have never punched a police horse, thrown snowballs at Santa, or thrown beer bottles at anyone.  Not all Eagles fans are drunken morons.  Actually in the 30 or so games I have been to in Philly 90 percent of the fans are perfectly fine human beings.  But I have seen some pretty awful things go down also and I won't deny that for some reason some Eagles fans feed off the reputation and act stupid. 

Pats have never won a super-bowl by more than 6 points, and that took an overtime TD against a melting-down Atlanta team last season.  Every super-bowl they have played in has gone down to the last drive.  7 for 7, no reason to bet against that now.  Pats 27-24, on a Gastowski winning 58 yard FG that hits both uprights, then the crossbar, before falling thru the goal-post.  This is one Cowboys fan rooting for Philly.  Go Eagles!

No problem rooting for Philly. I wanted the Vikings simply because I thought they had the better chance against the hated Pats. We will see if they can play something like they did last night in a couple weeks. Also, there are 3 ex-Ravens playing for the Eagles going for another superbowl ring, so I can root for that.

32 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

No problem rooting for Philly. I wanted the Vikings simply because I thought they had the better chance against the hated Pats. We will see if they can play something like they did last night in a couple weeks. Also, there are 3 ex-Ravens playing for the Eagles going for another superbowl ring, so I can root for that.

Even being a Redskins fan, I've gotta say that I'm certainly still rooting for Philly. As much as I hate the Eagles, I've hated the Patriots for the longest time too. In all honesty, the Eagles should've at least been to 2 more Superbowls in the 2000s while McNabb was in his prime. That and obnoxious Pats fans. Boy, I can't wait until Brady retires and become worse (whenever that happens)

I am the biggest fan of underdogs in sports you will find.  Has led to a lot of disappointment over the years investing that way.  But I can't hate Brady.  Or even root against him.  To me, he's Jordan, or Gretzky.  Every championship that he adds to his legacy just further cements him as the GOAT.  I have to respect that greatness.

31 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

I am the biggest fan of underdogs in sports you will find.  Has led to a lot of disappointment over the years investing that way.  But I can't hate Brady.  Or even root against him.  To me, he's Jordan, or Gretzky.  Every championship that he adds to his legacy just further cements him as the GOAT.  I have to respect that greatness.

Everyone has to respect Brady. While Peyton Manning is by far the best of the regular season, Brady does his best when it matters. No denying that. 

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived