Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter String

George BM

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I wonder if it's equipment or provider based. I use iPhone with AT&T, and iPad and mac desktop with verizon fios. Knock on wood, but I've never seen those or any pop ups on this site.

eta: I also don't use tap talk. Not for any particular reason but I just don't see the need. Of course I don't know what I'm missing because I don't know what it does.

I have an iPhone with ATT and I noticed a small “Ad X” bubble at the bottom when looking at the forums on Safari (but no actual ad).  Using it on my iPad Pro showed the full ad on the bottom.  I decided to pay for a board sponsorship since it removes ads. :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We just can't get organic Winters anymore. I'm afraid this is a pattern that once begun it will be too hard to stop doing because it's like covering stuff up. Too much would unravel or clear if they stop. It was going in a good direction by the end of the cold period after Christmas, but then some really weird things happened to mess it up and now we have this monster SE ridge. more stuff. 

8 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Anyone know a good oral surgeon in Germantown or Gaithersburg area? Pretty certain my last 2 wisdom teeth are impacted, and I need to get them out immediately. I will pay in freakin cash at this point

I'll do it for a case of beer.  I got the tools all set and ready to go.  

tools-940x387.jpg

9 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Anyone know a good oral surgeon in Germantown or Gaithersburg area? Pretty certain my last 2 wisdom teeth are impacted, and I need to get them out immediately. I will pay in freakin cash at this point

I know one over here in Baltimore County, had mine removed in November. Two impacted, two had come through the gums. Wasn't awful, but wasn't fun either. Hopefully you find someone soon! 

10 hours ago, Sparky said:

anyone else seeing an annoying popup ad at the bottom?   It takes up valuable scrolling real estate.   I have only been seeing it for a day or so.   Hope it isn't a new feature on american weather.

Yes. started for me yesterday. There is a thread in the forum headquarters section about people experiencing the same thing. Wow has said he is working on it. I have an ad blocker running on Chrome at work because it was getting pretty bad. However, at home on my ipad and iphone the adds pop up and redirect me to a fake amazon site with every page refresh. so... doubt i will be viewing much outside of the office until it is fixed. 

2 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Thanks Katie. I got an appointment all set in Bob Chill’s hood. Hopefully I get them out today. They blew up on me out of nowhere. If they don’t, I’ll pay Bob $100 to pull them out with his truck so long as he knocks me out first.

i doubt you will get them out the same day of a consult. because you will be given drugs to put you in a twilight, you need to fast ahead of the removal procedure. 

I had two that were in sideways, that was fun. still have a small hole in my gum where one was pulled. the procedure, for me, wasn't bad. gave me some medicine that put me to sleep and it was over. hydrocodene for the pain afterwards that i only took at night after day 1. ice helps the first couple days, then it really doesn't do much. i lived off motrin and soft foods for a week. motrin for a while longer after that while i slowly ate more solid foods. 

Thanks Katie. I got an appointment all set in Bob Chill’s hood. Hopefully I get them out today. They blew up on me out of nowhere. If they don’t, I’ll pay Bob $100 to pull them out with his truck so long as he knocks me out first.

Lol. I had all 4 done in the 90's. It was a breeze. Went to sleep. Woke up confused and angry then went home. Pain (what little there was) didn't kick in until the next day. Even went to work the day after. Basically fully healed in a week. I was basically nervous for nothing. 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Oh, if they do give you opiods for the pain, make sure you have some plum juice, or mirolax on hand... the side effects of taking that stuff isn't fun. 

They gave me like 30 vicodin. Only needed 2 for pain. I saved the rest for fun. Lol. Times have changed though. Heh. 

Mine weren't impacted - but I wasn't put to sleep for my wisdom teeth removal.  I did end up eventually having to use tampons to staunch blood flow as the amount of cotton provided was insufficient to the task at hand.

Also I was only given Tylenol 3 for pain :(

But the doc was right as I didn't even need as much of that as they gave me.

Just now, Bob Chill said:

They gave me like 30 vicodin. Only needed 2 for pain. I saved the rest for fun. Lol. Times have changed though. Heh. 

yeah, i got 16 hydrocodone but took less than half. they are sitting in a cabinet now. i got really sick the second day from them. not so much being on them, as coming off them. i took them in the middle of the night on an empty stomach and paid for it dearly the next morning. after that i only took them at night and only when i was trying to sleep. motrin was my goto. 

2 minutes ago, Jandurin said:

Mine weren't impacted - but I wasn't put to sleep for my wisdom teeth removal.  I did end up eventually having to use tampons to staunch blood flow as the amount of cotton provided was insufficient to the task at hand.

Also I was only given Tylenol 3 for pain :(

But the doc was right as I didn't even need as much of that as they gave me.

yeah, the two that had erupted through my gums weren't bad at all. very minimal swelling and it was easy to eat on that side of my mouth within a day or two. the side of my face where the two were impacted was awful. the whole side of my face swelled up pretty badly, and bruised. one of the impacts was sideways, so they had to come in from the side of my gum, not straight down. healing on that side took a long while. 

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

My wisdom teeth are the only four teeth I've got that came in straight. Picket fences for the win.

similar to my husband. all four of his came in perfect. bastard. 

I'm looking into the smile direct club (similar to invisalign, but much cheaper) now that mine are out. because two had come in, they caused frontal crowding, but i had to get the wisdom teeth removed first before i could do any corrective dental work. 

i doubt you will get them out the same day of a consult. because you will be given drugs to put you in a twilight, you need to fast ahead of the removal procedure. 
I had two that were in sideways, that was fun. still have a small hole in my gum where one was pulled. the procedure, for me, wasn't bad. gave me some medicine that put me to sleep and it was over. hydrocodene for the pain afterwards that i only took at night after day 1. ice helps the first couple days, then it really doesn't do much. i lived off motrin and soft foods for a week. motrin for a while longer after that while i slowly ate more solid foods. 

I’m actually in luck with fasting and water intake. I haven’t eaten in 15 hours and drank anything in 8 hours so they could extract immediately. They asked me already and said it’s possible I could get it done since I already took the precautionary steps. Getting X Rays soon.

I’m actually in luck with fasting and water intake. I haven’t eaten in 15 hours and drank anything in 8 hours so they could extract immediately. They asked me already and said it’s possible I could get it done since I already took the precautionary steps. Getting X Rays soon.

Good luck and don't forget to tell them to save your teeth!  They make great soup.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived